[Sust-mar] The Centre for Development and Peace Education needs your help to build schools for students in Sierra Leone!
coordinator at atlanticsustainability.ca
Tue Apr 15 11:58:00 EDT 2008
SUSTAINABLE MARITIMES (sust-mar)
Send your message to sust-mar at list.web.net
10kB size maximum please.
The Centre for Development and Peace Education needs your help to build
schools for students in Sierra Leone!
With assistance from the Centre for Development and Peace Education
(www.cdpeace.com) and Peaceful Schools International
(www.peacefulschoolsinternational.org), schools are being built in seven
northern communities in Sierra Leone, West Africa, an area hard hit by 12
years of war. You can help with the construction of these schools and the
education of young people in these communities by donating building and
A donation box will be set up at the Empire 17 Cinemas in Bayers Lake,
Halifax during the ViewFinders Film Festival, April 22nd - 26th, to collect
these much needed supplies, which will then be sent over by a shipping
container to Sierra Leone.
You can help by bringing:
- basic school supplies for elementary and high school students, including:
pencils, chalk, paints, rulers, solar-calculators, binders, nap sacks, etc.
- elementary and secondary science, math, and English language books, and
basic literacy reading materials
- books in adult education, business, community development, conflict
resolution and peace education
- basic office equipment, including: computers laptops, printers, scanners,
digital cameras, folding chairs and tables
- basic building supplies, including: nails, paint, padlock and combination
- university text books in the areas of Business Administration, Community
Development, Environmental Science, Economics, Education, English,
Nutrition, Information Systems, Health Education, Sociology, Physiology etc.
To learn more about this project, please visit www.cdpeace.com, or contact
Mary Hawa Turay or Thomas Turay at (902) 867-1084, or mary at cdpeace.com or
tmt at cdpeace.com.
More information about the sust-mar