[Sust-mar] Sackville Rivers Association August Events

Colin O'Neil colinoneil23 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:07:39 EDT 2008

Sackville Rivers Association

Upcoming Events

August 7th
Sackville Rivers 20th Anniversary
 Halifax Regional
 Municipality Appreciation
Night – We are celebrating the 20
year history of our association and all our past work with HRM.  All are welcome.  There will be food and cake!  Meet at 7 PM at the Sackille Heights
Community Centre, 45 Connolly Road,
Lower Sackville.  The reception will be
in the gym downstairs.

August 9th
Rock Throwing Party – Come out and help with maintenance on Digger logs in
the Little Sackville River.  Digger logs
improve fish habitat and need annual maintenance to work properly.  Volunteers should meet at 9AM at the
Sackville Heights Community Centre, 45
  Connolly Road, Lower Sackville.  The office is upstairs

August 16th
Botanical Survey – SRA director, Sebastian Marquis is leading a botanical
survey of the flora and fauna around the Sackville River Watershed.  Experienced and un-experienced naturalists
are welcome.  Bring a camera, a notebook
and any plant identification manuals you have.
Meet at 9 AM at the Bedford-Sackville connector bridge by Dooly’s in the
Bedford Place Mall Parking lot.

August 23rd
Rock Throwing Party – Volunteers should meet at 9AM at the Sackville
Heights Community Centre, 45 Connolly Road, Lower Sackville.  The office is upstairs

August 30th
Botanical Survey - Meet at 9 AM at the Bedford-Sackville connector bridge
by Dooly’s in the Bedford Place Mall Parking lot.

Sept 4th
SRA Monthly Meeting – Our monthly members meeting.  Everyone is welcome.  Guest speaker to be announced.  Meeting starts at 7PM at the Sackille Heights
Community Centre, 45 Connolly Road,
Lower Sackville.  The reception will be
in room 206.

Sept 12th SRA
Dinner Auction – Our Annual Dinner auction is the SRA’s largest
fundraiser.  There will be a silent and
live auction, dinner and smoked salmon.
Come out for a fun night.  Tickets
are $25.00 each, to purchase call the office 865-9238.

The Bedford-Sackville connector trail and the Sackville River
Watershed are maintained by the Sackville Rivers Association.  We are a volunteer organization and are
always looking for new members and donations.
We need your help to maintain and restore the Sackville River,
and to build new trails, so please get involved!

Contact Information

Phone Number:
865-9238

E-mail address: sackvillerivers at ns.sympatico.ca

Mailing Address: PO Box 45071, Lower Sackville, NS,
B4E-2Z6