[Sust-mar] Spirit NS Local Food Award - seeking nominations

Marla MacLeod foodaction at ecologyaction.ca
Wed Jul 23 09:32:32 EDT 2008

Spirit NS is seeking nominations for The 1st Annual Spirit Nova Scotia Local
Food Award.  This award will celebrate individuals, businesses and
organizations that have made a significant contribution to the local food
movement in Nova Scotia. Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
producer (farmer/fisher), business (restaurants, retail etc.), and
non-profit (organizations, institutions, individuals etc.).

The deadline for nominations is August 4, 2008. Winners will be chosen by a
panel of judges.  Awards will be presented at the Select Nova Scotia Picnic
on Sunday, August 24, 2008, taking place in various locations throughout the
province, including Halifax, Wolfville and Truro.

Nomination forms and additional information are available online at:
http://www.oacc.info/LocalFoodAward/welcome.asp.

To contact us or to submit an application form, email:
nslocalfoodaward at gmail.com.

Vision of Local Food Team of Spirit NS: In our vision, Nova Scotia has rich
top soil, clean air and water, resilient farm and fishing communities, and
healthy, local food for all citizens.  We engage and inspire all Nova
Scotians to celebrate and protect this inheritance for future generations.