[Sust-mar] Downsizing on the Northumberland Strait

Domaine-sur-Mer hache domainesurmer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 13:20:01 EDT 2008

We are in the process of closing our 4-star B&B located between Cocagne &
Bouctouche, NB (30 minutes from Moncton).  We are situated on 2.75 acres of
land overlooking the Northumberland Strait between NB and PEI.

We have embarked upon a lifestyle of intentional living - growing our own
food, supporting local organic food producers, reducing our transportation
needs, reducing our utility consumption, supporting sustainable non-profit
organizations, supporting our local community school, supporting and
engaging in the local artist community, etc.  We believe that by sharing and
living a sustainable lifestyle that we can make a difference within our
local community and to the planet.  We know from others of like mind in the
local communities and reading Sustainable Maritimes that there are others
who are intentionally downsizing their lifestyles.

Our 2600 square foot home is too large for the lifestyle we would like to
live as an intentional couple.  We have considered selling out and
downsizing. Fortunately, the design of the B&B is divided between a 1400 sq
ft main house and an 1100 sq ft one bedroom townhouse.  We are seeking a
single or couple who are also looking into downsizing their environmental
footprint, and would also like to have the advantages of a semi-rural,
sustainable lifestyle.   The townhouse has wide plank pine floors, private
access, deck, full kitchen, full bath, shared laundry, shared brick
courtyard, land for gardening and more.  Please, no pets or smoking.

If this sounds interesting, please call or email us to discuss further.

--
Richard Lachance & Eveline Hache
3821 Route 535

domainesurmer at gmail.com