[Sust-mar] Amarosia Organic Garden - Organic Apprenticeship Opportunities, f/t, Shediac NB

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jul 29 12:09:41 EDT 2008

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

INTERN/APPRENTICE OPPORTUNITY

Position: Amarosia Organic Garden - Organic Apprenticeship Opportunities

Location: Shediac, New Brunswick

Amarosia Organic Garden is a 4-acre certified organic farm

located in Grande-Digue, New Brunswick, overlooking Shediac

Bay. We grow vegetables, fruits, herbs and cut flowers for

markets in Moncton, Dieppe and Shediac as well as having a

CSA and supplying a health food store and restaurants.

Opportunity

We are seeking up to two full time organic farm apprentices

for the remainder of the 2008 growing season (August to

October) who will live and work on the farm. The tasks are

many and varied and include planting and transplanting,

greenhouse work, pest, disease and weed management,

harvesting, processing, seed saving and potentially marketing.

The Candidates

Prior experience is not a requirement, but a 'can-do'

attitude, good time keeping, a willingness to learn and

to try new things, a desire to take on responsibilities,

respect for the well-being of the farm and an acceptance

that sometimes it does rain but we have to dig carrots

anyway, is essential!

Past apprentices have included Environmental Science

Graduates, Plant Science Students, Botanists, Educators,

future Chefs and Journalists.

Benefits

This is an unpaid position, however, the apprentice will

have little in the way of expenses given that food and

accommodation are provided.

An apprenticeship is not just a 'work for food' program. It

is a wonderful opportunity to learn new skills and develop

existing ones, to gain responsibilities, to experiment and

to share knowledge.

In addition we are always seeking key people for future

employment opportunities and an apprenticeship is a great

way to prove to us that we really should hire you next year!

We welcome Wwoofers (minimum stay of 3 weeks) to the

farm as well, making it is a fantastic opportunity to meet

people from all over the world with similar interests.

Detailed farm and position description

http://www.amarosia.com/images/documents/interns.pdf

Visit our blog to read about what is happening on the farm

http://www.amarosia.com/blog

Contact Information

Rowena Hopkins & David Méthot

Jardin biologique Amarosia Ltée / Amarosia Organic Garden Ltd.

469 Route 530, Grande-Digue NB E4R 5E1, Canada

tel./fax.: 1.506.533.1087   info at amarosia.com

http://www.amarosia.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds topical resources:

Organic Food, Gardening & Agriculture Jobs in Canada

http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?theme=food

http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=organic

Organic Internships, Work Exchange & Volunteering across Canada:

PlanetVolunteer http://planetfriendly.net/volunteer/vol.php?keyword=organic

SOIL http://www.planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=6180

WWOOF http://www.planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=3286

ACORN http://www.planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=6559

Organic Organizations, Links & Resources

http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html

Organic Events, Conferences, Festivals, Activities

http://www.planetfriendly.net/calendar/?s=y&qskeyword=organic

]

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the

accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do

not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.

It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details

with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable

precautions before accepting employment, a contract or

any other arrangement.

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca