[Sust-mar] IBS Social Forum Tuesday May 6 - War Profiteering plus Online Discussion Paper on Revitalizing PEI's Rural Economy

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 08:45:08 EDT 2008

The Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd. (IBS), invites you to join our Tuesday Night Social Forums; 114 Upper Prince Street.   Each event begins at 7:00 p.m. and includes a presentation followed by informal discussion.  There is no fee however, participants are asked to bring something for potluck supper to share during the discussion. The intent is to build a community action network by sharing ideas and informing each other about issues affecting our future.

Forum: War Profiteering and the Military/Industrial Complex (May 6, 2008)

Iraq
for Sale: This (DVD) takes you inside the lives of people who have been
changed forever as a result of corporate profiteering in the
reconstruction of Iraq.
Iraq for Sale uncovers the connections
between private corporations making a killing and the decision makers
who allow them to do so.

Issue: Agriculture and PEI's Rural Economy

This discussion paper provides an outline of a sustainable implementation plan for  revitalizing PEI's rural economy.
It
is by no means intended to be a complete strategy. Instead, we hope to
engage others in discussion so that together we create a sustainable
and prosperous future.
Go to our new web site: www.ibspei.ca. Then click the 'Issues' button to read the document. Then join the on-line discussion forum.
 Phil Ferraro and Nancy Willis
Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd.
114 Upper Prince Street, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island Canada  C1A 4S3
"Restoring Community, Protecting the Land and Informing the Earth’s Stewards"
www.ibspei.ca