[Sust-mar] NS Food Security Gathering
foodaction at ecologyaction.ca
Mon Nov 3 12:08:21 EST 2008
Please see the information below for the Second Nova Scotia Food Security
Gathering "Making the Connection II" at the Debert Hospitality Centre on
December 4th & 5th 2008.
The goals of the Gathering are to:
* Raise awareness on food security, sovereignty and system issues
* Identify opportunities and innovative solutions
* Increase networking within the NS Food Security community
* Build leadership capacity and self-reliant, community based solutions
* Support development of community/county/provincial food security activity
Information and registration forms can be found at
**Registration deadline is November 20th. Payment can be made at the door,
but pre-registration is required, due to limited capacity and meal planning.
**The Gathering is intended to be as inclusive and accessible as possible.
Sponsorships for representatives of non-profits and individuals are
available thanks to the generosity of our sponsors. Please contact
nsfoodsecurity at gmail.com for sponsorship information.
on behalf of the Gathering Planning Team,
Food Miles Project Coordinator
Food Action Committee
Ecology Action Centre
2705 Fern Lane
Phone (902) 442-1077
Fax (902) 405-3716
More information about the sust-mar