[Sust-mar] four events surrounding the Copenhagen talks

Jen Stotland velveteyeball at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:52:13 EST 2009

apologies for crossposting
courtesy the coalition for action on climate change
feel free to forward and share!

COPENHAGEN CALENDAR

> * Time for an Oil Change*

Monday, Dec. 7

> Information and dramatic action to illustrate the REAL barrier to tackling
> climate change in Canada: the tar sands! Join us in front of the Spring
> Garden Road Library from 1-3:30 pm and the corner of Robie and Quinpool from
> 4 - 5:30 pm.
>

>  *Save the North Pole*
>
> · Friday, Dec. 11, 9 am - 11:30 pm - Office of MP Mike Savage- 73 Tacoma
> Dr., Suite 600
>
> · Friday, Dec. 11, 1 - 3:30 pm - Office of MP Geoff Regan - 1496 Bedford
> Highway, Suite 222
>
> · Saturday, Dec. 12, 3 – 5 pm – Global Day of Climate Action -  Office of
> MP Peter MacKay, 1801 Hollis Street
>
> · Monday, Dec. 14,  9 am – Office of MP Megan Leslie - 1-2207 Gottingen
> Street
>
>  Santa's elves will try to convince local Liberal MP's Micheal Savage and
> Geoff Regan to Save the North Pole by asking them to support Bill C-311, the
> Climate Change Accountability Bill. Bill C-311 commits us to reducing our
> greenhouse gas (ghg) emissions to at least 25% below 1990 levels by 2020,
> and to checking on our progress. Both Mike Savage and Geoff Regan voted to
> delay the Bill, event though this would have ensured we went to UN climate
> talks with a progressive plan, instead of plans to obstruct progress - and a
> deteriorating reputation on the world stage.
>

> * Global Day of Action, Candlelight Vigil. *

 Saturday, December 12,  5-7 pm Grand Parade Square

> Join folks from around the world to show you care deeply about climate
> change and light a candle in hope for a real deal on climate - one that is
> fair, ambitious and binding.
>

> *The Sounds of 350*

December 13, 3 pm

--
And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, said Gandalf, if
anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit