[Sust-mar] Antigonish Sustainability Education Networking Meeting Mar.6

Janelle Frail janellefrail at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:12:27 EST 2009

Join SENSE (Sustainability Education in Nova Scotia for
Everyone) members in Antigonish for our
Sustainability Education Networking Meeting on Friday, March 6th 2009 from 10am to 3pm at the Keating
Millennium Centre at St. FX (see directions below).

Our
keynote speakers will be Julie Stinson, program director for Antigonish
Sustainable Development and Sister Donna Brady with the Bethany Center, Sisters of St. Martha of
Antigonish. We will have others speaking about sustainability
in businesses, government and the community groups from the region.

Networking
meetings for formal, non-formal and information educators provide a great
opportunity to learn from one another, share resources and organize our
activities with the aim of advancing all of our visions and missions. It's a
great chance to see what organizations, groups and businesses are doing in
relation to sustainable education in and around Antigonish.

Bring
your business cards and materials to share with others. Catered lunch will be
provided.

 ***

Space
is limited, first come first in! If you are interested in attending please RSVP
by Monday, March 2nd by e-mail: esd_novascotia at lsf-lst.ca
or by calling 454-6846 so I can ensure adequate catering.

LOCATION:

The
Keating Millennium Centre is located at 1 West St. on the St. FX University
Campus. The building has large white pillars in front. http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Antigonish&state=NS&address=1+West+St.

SENSE
(Sustainability Education in Nova Scotia for Everyone) is a group of
organizations, businesses and individuals dedicated to the promotion of ideas
and practices that will help Nova Scotia become sustainable. SENSE is part of a
national network of Provincial and Territorial Working Groups striving to
achieve the objectives of the United Nations Decade of Education for
Sustainable Development (ESD) from 2005-2014.

For
more information on SENSE please see: http://www.nsen.ca/education.php

--
Janelle Frail
Sustainability Education Coordinator
E: esd_novascotia at lsf-lst.ca
T: 902.454.6846
F: 902.454.6846
www.nsen.ca/education.php

Our entitlement to have is no greater than our responsibility to give back. -Unknown