[Sust-mar] Camp Program Leader & other positions, f/t, Adventure Earth Centre, Halifax NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jan 27 11:48:25 EST 2009

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Vision 20/20 Residential Program Leader

    http://www.earthed.ns.ca

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

ABOUT THE ADVENTURE EARTH CENTRE

Located in Flemming Park on the picturesque North West Arm

in Halifax, the Adventure Earth Centre has been offering

outdoor recreation and earth education programs for over

twenty years. As part of Halifax Regional Municipality's

Community Recreation Services, the AEC has been working

towards building a healthy and sustainable future for our

children/youth, our communities and the earth. Our belief in

education through hands-on learning and providing

environmental leadership opportunities for youth is the

foundation for the programs and services offered through

our Centre.

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Exciting job opportunities await you at the Adventure Earth

Centre. Each job has a specific list of qualifications, but

in general we are looking for:

* enthusiasm and motivation

* strong leadership and communication skills

* positive role model

* sound judgement

* commitment to safety and risk management

In our late spring/summer jobs, you will:

* develop your leadership skills

* develop your employment skills for the future

* be challenged

* meet new people

VISION 2020 CAMP PROGRAM LEADER

Vision 2020 is an Earth Education Program for Grade 8

students, in a residential camp setting. For the job description,

wage details and information on how to apply, please

download and read our employment booklet thoroughly:

http://www.earthed.ns.ca .

OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES

We are also hiring for a variety of other outdoor recreation

and earth education programs. Positions include: AEC Summer

Manager, AEC Youth Leadership Coordinator and AEC Summer

Camp Leaders. Application deadlines and start dates vary.

For job descriptions, wage details and information on

how to apply, please download and read our employment

booklet thoroughly: http://www.earthed.ns.ca .

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message

is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational

purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")

is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,

completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability

of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen

or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you

decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any

other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your

responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against

injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our

full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca