[Sust-mar] Organic Vegetable Farm Help, work-stay, Tatamagouche Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jul 7 20:56:36 EDT 2009

[as posted to PlanetVolunteer http://PlanetVolunteer.net ]

VOLUNTEER / WORK-STAY OPPORTUNITY

Position: Organic Vegetable Farm Help

Location: Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Young farming couple invites you to help with our 6 acre

garden and seven greenhouses this summer and fall.

We ask for 6 hours a day of weeding, picking and washing

vegetables in exchange for room and board. Workers are

welcome to work alongside other seasoned staff and

wwoofers on our 60 acre Certified Organic vegetable farm.

The intent is to create an environment where workers can

work and learn about one of the fastest growing sectors in

our economy. Many have enjoyed our casual and accepting

atmosphere.

We have a big, beautiful farmhouse and property located

on the North Shore of rural Nova Scotia untouched by

industry. Outdoor enthusiasts love our mountain. Group

activities include but are not restricted to: swimming,

sightseeing, live music parties, movies and barbecues.

Your help this summer would be greatly appreciated.

We hope to make it a fun and rewarding experience for

everyone. We have beds for five and lots of land for tents.

Please check out our website, and we hope to see you

this summer.  http://www.cassonfamilyfarm.webs.com

Contact: Marcus and Samantha

marcuscasson at hotmail.com

902 657 0446

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ORGANIC JOBS & Internships in Canada

GoodWork Canada http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?theme=food

PlanetVolunteer Canada http://planetfriendly.net/volunteer/vol.php?theme=food

SOIL (Canada) http://planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=6180

CRAFT (Ontario) http://planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=7885

ACORN (Atlantic Canada) http://planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=6559

Manitoba Farm Mentorships http://www.organicfoodcouncil.org/farm_mentorship_program.php

WWOOF (Worldwide) http://planetfriendly.net/gwd.php?id=3286

Organic Organizations, Links & Resources

http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html

Organic Events, Conferences, Festivals, Activities

http://www.planetfriendly.net/calendar/?s=y&theme=food

source: http://www.planetfriendly.net/calendar/

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message

is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational

purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")

is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,

completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability

of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen

or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you

decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any

other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your

responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against

injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our

full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca