[Sust-mar] ACIC's Annual Conference "Inspiring Change"- Rothesay, New Brunswick- June 4-6th

ACIC - Annie Burns-Pieper admin at acic-caci.org
Wed May 20 09:13:37 EDT 2009

ACIC’s Annual Conference “Inspiring Change”- Rothesay, New Brunswick- June
4-6th

It is once again time to mark your calendars, save the date and spread the
word - the ACIC is hosting this exciting event in beautiful Rothesay, New
Brunswick from June 4-6th. This year's theme is "Inspiring Change" and our
program will focus on the challenges and successes of organizations and
individuals working for international social, economic and environmental
justice.

Highlights include;

Keynote Speaker, Netsai Mushonga, Coordinator Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe
who will be speaking on how women are inspiring change at all levels in the
Zimbabwean society in the face of the highest inflation in the world,
rampant political violence and a humanitarian crisis.

Saa Andrew, a self-proclaimed “multicultural artist,” who promotes peace,
freedom, and human rights through reggae and dance music will be performing.

Graphic facilitators Corrie Melanson and Janet Rhymes will facilitate a
world café process to open the conference using their unique visual tools.
The world café model invites participants to dialogue about a series of
provocative questions, such as, “What innovative approaches do you use to
engage the public in your work?”, and “What opportunities are emerging for
our work, in these times of economic recession?”

Clayton Thomas-Muller activist for Indigenous rights and environmental
justice. Recognized by Utne Magazine as one of the top 30 under 30 activists
will speak on a panel entitled Leading Voices from International Cooperation
which will concentrate on trends and ways in which we are collaboratively
addressing some key international cooperation issues

For a registration fee of $75* for ACIC members and $150* for non members
you will be able to experience a weekend of inspiration and connection in
beautiful Rothesay, New Brunswick.

Use this opportunity to make connections with other development
practitioners, hear the amazing stories of people in our community and build
skills to enrich your work.

In addition to exciting workshops during the day our programme includes
thought provoking nightly entertainment.

* registration fee includes all meals and accommodation for the duration of
the symposium

For more details or to download the registration form visit:

http://www.acic-caci.org/news/news_4.html

~Annie Burns-Pieper
Membership & Communications Assistant
Atlantic Council for International Cooperation/Conseil atlantique pour la
coopération internationale
210-2099 Gottingen Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 3B2
Tel/Tél: (902) 431-2311
Fax/Téléc: (902) 431-3216
Email/Courriel: admin at acic-caci.org

Save the date! The ACIC's AGM & Symposium "Inspiring Change" will be held
June 4-6th in Saint John, NB. Check our website for updates and registration
information. www.acic-caci.org

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.
5:53 PM