[Sust-mar] Campaign school with deputy leader of GPC

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Fri Nov 13 23:07:07 EST 2009

Hello,

I believe some people of this mailing list may be interested in the event
below.

Regards, Thomas Trappenberg

Hello Green Party of Canada members and friends in Nova Scotia,

Deputy leader Adriane Carr will be in Halifax on November 20 and 21 to
attend a meet and greet and to lead a campaign/riding association training
session.  Everyone is welcome.

For car pooling, contact your local riding association to see who is going
from your area or to offer a ride:  http://greenparty.ca/en/ridings/ns

Please RSVP to me.   Everyone is welcome.

*
MEET AND GREET**
**
*Meet deputy leader Adriane Carr, our Nova Scotia candidates, and fellow
Green Party members.  Adriane is our candidate in Vancouver Centre and
started the first Green party in North America in the 1980's - the Green
Party of BC.  She travelled across Canada over the past 6 months to lead
training sessions and is now on the last leg of the tour here in the
Maritimes.  To read more about Adriane:  http://vancouvercentregreens.ca/
*
When:* Friday, November 20, from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
*Where: *Gus' Pub & Grill, 2605 Agricola St
*Map: *http://tiny.cc/WJnhR
*
TRAINING SESSION

*The training session will be valuable for candidates, campaign volunteers,
riding association executive members, and any members looking to gain some
useful skills so they can volunteer in the future.  Topics covered are:

1. developing a local campaign plan including in the pre-writ period
2. canvassing: door, phone and street. What's most effective?
3. fundraising
4. membership building
5. volunteer recruitment and management
6. media work
7. other topics participants may suggest

*When:* Saturday, November 21, from 9:30 am - 4:30 pm

*Where:*  The Jacob Slonim Conference Room (Room 430 on the 4th floor)
Goldberg Computer Science Building
Dalhousie University
Faculty of Computer Science
6050 University Avenue

*Map:* http://tiny.cc/fTdDe

*Parking: *parking on the surrounding streets is free on Saturday

*IMPORTANT: * There will be a security guard at the entrance of this
building, and you will have to sign in with an ID (e.g. drivers license).

Adriane will need to leave for Moncton immediately after the training
session but people may want to meet for dinner afterwards. This can be
self-organized at the session.

Please don't  forget to RSVP.

Thanks and see you in Halifax!

Sharon Labchuk