[Sust-mar] Drums, Dance, Celebrate! Themba Development Project summer fundraiser - Friday Sept 18

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 5 21:41:04 EDT 2009

Drums, Dance, Celebrate!
Celebrate summer, support an African community

Join The Themba Development Project at our summer event to raise funds for a
Xhosa tribal community in South Africa. Dance all night long to the smooth
beats of live drumming and African Music. Lounge on the large outdoor patio,
get your groove-on with the huge dance floor and pour over the incredible
items for sale at the Silent Auction Table including local artist creations
as well as jewellery and art imported from South Africa!

$12 donation at the door
Doors open  Friday, 18 September 2009 at 8pm until 2am

Location: The Fleet Club, 2800 Barrington St, Halifax, NS

Joyce Saunders - 8pm - 8:30pm
Kojo - 8:45pm - 9:15pm
Jabulani - live African dance 9:45pm
Mas Cencerro - live drumming 9:45pm -10:30pm
Afro-Musica -10:30pm until closing

Proceeds of this event provides food, education and hope for 600 people
living in Thembalethu, South Africa.

*Cash and Checks accepted
*Win big with our 50/50 draw!
*Enjoy drinks for only $3.50!

19+

http://www.freewebs.com/thembaproject/

The Themba Development Project is a Canadian Non-Profit Organization which
works to assist the struggling Xhosa tribe of South Africa.  Our work
focuses on providing resources, tools and knowledge to the community of Zone
4-Thembalethu. Our focus is to improve access to food, minimize poverty,
encourage education and develop short and long term solutions to the food
crisis facing the Xhosa people.

Our Founder, Catherine E. Robar, is a 2009 nominee for the National Canadian
Humanitarian Award known as the "Me to We" Award. Ms. Robar works closely
with the community members of Zone 4-Thembalethu so that the Xhosa culture
and traditions are respected, encouraged and preserved.