[Sust-mar] Internships (20), f/t, Falls Brook Centre, Cuba, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Mexico, Co
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Feb 18 15:06:22 EST 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIPS (20 positions)
Position: Falls Brook Centre International Youth Internships
Type: full-time, 34-week international internships with travel
to & from international placement covered, plus living stipend
Organization: Falls Brook Centre http://www.fallsbrookcentre.ca
Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick
Falls Brook Centre is offering 20 international internship
placements available through the Canadian International
Development Agency International Youth Internship Program.
Full job descriptions are available on our website
At a glance these are the positions we are offering this year:
- Biodiversity Restoration and Community Development Facilitator -- Cuba and Canada
- Biodiversity Restoration Facilitator -- Cuba and Canada
- Organic Agriculture Facilitator -- Cuba and Canada
- Appropriate Technology Technician -- Nicaragua and Canada
- Biodiversity Restoration Facilitator -- Dominican Republic and Canada
- Rural Livelihood Developer -- Dominican Republic and Canada
- Biodiversity Restoration Facilitator -- Honduras and Canada
- Community Development Facilitator -- Honduras and Canada
- Environmental Educator -- Honduras and Canada
- Organic Agriculture Facilitator -- Mexico and Canada
- Biodiversity Restoration Facilitator -- Costa Rica and Canada
To apply, please send all applications by email:
International Intern Coordinator
Email: internships at fallsbrookcentre.ca
Applications will only be accepted by e-mail. Applicants
should electronically provide a cover letter, indicating the
position(s) in which they are interested and highlighting
their qualifications for this position, along with a resume
and 2 references. Please indicate in your cover letter your
earliest possible start date.
While Falls Brook Centre appreciates all applications, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within one month of application
deadline please assume that we have chosen other candidates
for this round of internships.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted immediately and
hiring will continue until all positions are filled.
These youth internships have been made available through
support to FBC from the Canadian International Development
Agency International Youth Internship Program which is part
of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy
Program (YES). The goal of this project is to give young
Canadians international work experience and to develop
skills in the fields of international relations and
Successful applicants will start and finish their work
experience in rural New Brunswick at Falls Brook Centre.
These positions require determined, self-starting
individuals who are willing to work in a team and under
difficult conditions and unpredictable circumstances.
Placements include an expectation of interns to devote time
to self-study to improve language skills and cover reading
and assignments related to pre-departure skill development.
The successful applicant will be given a moderate financial
stipend to cover living expenses and a unique opportunity to
gain experience in an international environment.
PREREQUISITES FOR ALL INTERNSHIPS:
- Be aged 30 or under;
- Be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants able to work in Canada;
- Be currently under or unemployed;
- Have not previously worked outside Canada in a paid,
- Be a graduate of a college or university; and,
- Have not previously participated in another Internship
Program funded by the Government of Canada's Youth
Employment Strategy (YES)
General Qualifications for all Internships:
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
environment as well as unsupervised under stressful
conditions with minimal resources and achieve results;
- Ability to learn quickly and on your own initiative, a
highly motivated self-starter; Creative problem solving.
- Understanding and experience in working on sustainability
and environmental issues;
- Proven computer skills including Word, e-mail, and internet.
- Initiative to create own projects during gaps between
- Ability to work physically as well as in an office environment;
- An ability to be flexible in new situations and to deal
well with change;
- Excellent health and fitness;
- Some previous travel or overseas study experience would be
a strong asset;
- Ability to work in rustic conditions while in Canada
GENERAL ACTIVITIES AND INFORMATION FOR ALL INTERNSHIPS:
To ensure the cohesiveness of Falls Brook Centre staff and interns,
general activities for all interns at Falls Brook Centre include:
- Assisting in the maintenance of the Acadian Forest restoration nursery;
- Delivering tours of Falls Brook Centre to members of the public;
- General office duties, developing organizational skills;
- Maintaining various signed nature trails; and
- Assisting in the development of certified-organic gardens,
herbariums and orchards
Work Schedule and Stipend:
* Falls Brook Centre: 12 weeks
* Work time overseas: 20 weeks
* Falls Brook Centre: 2 weeks
Please note: This schedule is very fluid and is subject to
change, (i.e., the intern may spend only 2 weeks at Falls
Brook Centre before travelling overseas, but the intern
would spend the remaining 12 weeks at Falls Brook Centre
upon their return).
Stipend: $200 per week. EI and CPP contributions will
be deducted from the stipend.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at
PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:
(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.
(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.
(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html
POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html
GOODWORK LIST INFO:
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:
GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to: People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)
TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message
is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational
purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")
is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability
of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen
or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you
decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any
other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your
responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against
injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our
full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online.
Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 10305
More information about the sust-mar