[Sust-mar] "Care for Our Community's Air": Bridgewater Library (NS), Jan. 28

Marion Moore marionm12 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:55:01 EST 2010

 Care for Our Community's Air

South Shore Public Libraries, the Ecology Action Centre and Sustainable
Bridgewater will present information about the Canadian Idle-Less Campaign
at the Bridgewater Library on Thursday, January 28th.  *Corey Clamp*, the
EAC's project coordinator, will host  "Care for Our Community's Air", a
public presentation on engine idling and climate change.  The main goal of
the Idle-Less Campaign is to reduce unnecessary idling that takes place
within our community.  This small step recognizes of the importance of
reducing our communities' green house gas (GHG) emissions, improving our air
quality, and improving our fuel savings.

One of the easiest actions that Canadians can take - with a simple turn of a
key - is to avoid unnecessary idling. Idling is not only a waste of energy
and money - after all, we're burning fuel but going nowhere - it is also a
needless source of greenhouse gas emissions. Natural Resources Canada
recommends turning off your vehicle for any stop of 60 seconds or longer.
The transportation sector is responsible for 27% of greenhouse gas emissions
in Canada.

Attend this session on *January 28th from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. at the
Bridgewater Library* to learn more about what we can do in our local
communities and what you can do as an individual.  Whether it be setting up
idle-free zones in community parking lots, seeking commitments from people
to idle less, or simply informing people of the serious impacts idling has
on our air, health, and wallet, the campaign will work with the community to
encourage everyone to protect the environment.

Thursday January 28, 7:30 p.m.

Bridgewater Public Library, 547 King Street

For more information call: 543-9222 or email
info at southshorepubliclibraries.ca<javascript:popup_imp('/imp/compose.php',705,650,'to=info%40southshorepubliclibraries.ca');>
Everyone welcome.