[Sust-mar] McNabs Island Picnic
krista at friendsofmcnabs.com
Mon Jul 5 07:16:15 EDT 2010
*McNabs Island Picnic*
*Saturday, July 17, 2010 *
*9:30 am - 5:30 pm**
The Friends of McNabs Island Society invite you to *Discover McNabs
Island*at their 20th Anniversary celebrations. Learn to play quoits,
18th century game played on McNabs Island long ago. Listen to ghost stories
from the past.
*Celebrate Canada’s Parks Day by visiting McNabs Island on July 17! *
*Events include: *
- musical entertainment for all ages
- children's scavenger hunt and games
- Food & beverage will be available for purchase, or bring your own
- the opening of the island's newly rebuilt trails,
- commemoration of the Sisters of Charity's work on the island in the
- guided bird and nature walks
- history tours of Fort Ives and other historic places.
- Thomas Raddall’s Hangman's Beach book tour
*Departure Times:** From Murphy’s on the Water, Halifax Waterfront*
- Depart 9:30 am, Return 2:30 pm
- Depart 11 am, Return 4 pm
- Depart 12:30 pm, Return 5:30 pm
- Your ticket reserves a spot on the ferry for a specific time to/from
McNabs Island and cannot be substituted for another time.
*Picnic Ticket**: Only 300 tickets available!*
- Ticket Prices: Adult $13 each / Children under 16 years $8 each
- Tickets subject to an additional $4 per order fee if ordered on-line.
- Limited number of tickets *may* be available for sale the day of the
event (depending on availability).
- Contact Ticket Atlantic for tickets:
- Box Office charge by phone at (902) 451-1221
- The 17 participating Atlantic Superstore outlets
- Buy online at www.ticketatlantic.com**
*For more information, contact the Friends of McNabs Island Society at
434-2254 (evenings) or mcnabs at chebucto.ns.ca **or visit www.mcnabsisland.ca*
More information about the sust-mar