[Sust-mar] EcoBuddies Coordinator, p/t, Sierra Club, Halifax NS
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jul 5 15:22:47 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]
Position: EcoBuddies Coordinator
Organization: Sierra Club Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter http://www.sierraclub.ca
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Sierra Club Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter is a non-profit environmental organization based out of Halifax, NS. Sierra Club Canada is a member-based organization that empowers people to protect, restore, and enjoy a healthy and safe planet.
Our focus is on five overriding threats: loss of animal and plant species; deterioration of the planet's oceans and atmosphere; the ever-growing presence of toxic chemicals in all living things; destruction of our remaining wilderness; and spiralling population growth and over consumption.
Since 2003, the Atlantic Canada Chapter has been delivering environmental education programs to elementary and high school students throughout the Atlantic Provinces. The programs are all hands-on, interactive and action-based!
For 2010-2011, our high school education program will continue to focus on sustainability and the Eco-Footprint. Through a joint high school-elementary school mentorship program called EcoBuddies, older students assume leadership roles and deliver sustainability education to younger children. We are seeking out an EcoBuddies Coordinator to facilitate and lead this program across Nova Scotia.
- University degree or relevant experience in a field such as Biology, Education, Recreation, Environmental Studies/Science
- Experience in environmental education working directly with children and youth
- Familiarity with project budgeting and reporting
- Strong organizational, management, and supervision skills
- Strong fundraising experience
- Strong communication skills
- Highly independent worker
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Valid driver's license
- Access to car will be considered an asset
- Bilingualism is not mandatory but will be considered an asset
- Delivery and coordination of the high school mentorship program, EcoBuddies
- Work with teachers/school allies to establish EcoBuddies in 6 schools (within Nova Scotia)
- Work closely with the education division's Volunteer Coordinator
- Work with volunteers and consultants to develop an EcoBuddies website
- Manage finances and budgeting
- Write project reports and dialogue with current/potential funders
- Manage volunteers and interns as required
We have a high-energy and fasted paced office environment seeking a reliable and dynamic individual to join us as the EcoBuddies Coordinator.
Deadline: July 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm Atlantic Standard Time
Interviews will take place July 22 and 23, 2010.
Start date: July 28*
*non negotiable as training will start at this time.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
$15 hour at 20 hours a week for 35 weeks (dependent on funding)
Location: Halifax, NS
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume including contact information for 3 references to the attention of Jessica Dawe.
Contact Name: Jessica Dawe
E-mail: ecobuddies (at) sierraclub.ca
1657 Barrington St.
Roy Building Suite 533
Halifax, NS B3J 2A1
By Fax: (902) 444 3116
For questions, please contact Jessica Dawe:
ecobuddies (at) sierraclub.ca or 902 444 3113.
Sierra Club Atlantic is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11629
More information about the sust-mar