[Sust-mar] Executive Director, f/t, Clean Annapolis River Project, Annapolis Royal NS
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jul 26 16:24:11 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]
Position: Executive Director
Organization: Clean Annapolis River Project http://www.annapolisriver.ca
Location: Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
The Clean Annapolis River Project (CARP) is a charitable, non-governmental organization with a vision of an ecological healthy Annapolis River watershed. CARP is based in Nova Scotia's beautiful Annapolis Valley with offices in the restored Annapolis Royal Train Station. Its mission is to restore and protect the ecological health of the Annapolis River watershed through science, leadership and engagement. Since its creation in 1990, CARP has grown to be one of the most respected community-based environmental management groups in the region. The group has a proven track record of achieving meaningful environmental change through collaboration with local, regional, national and international partners.
CARP is seeking an energetic and creative innovator with entrepreneurial flair to take on the role of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the organization under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors. The specific duties include:
* Overall management of all of CARP programs and activities;
* Providing scientific and technical support of all of CARP programs and activities;
* Providing direct oversight of the financial operations of the organization;
* Responsibility for project and proposal development, implementation and management;
* Identifying and exploiting new opportunities consistent with the organization's mandate;
* Relationship building with government, partners, funders, members and key stakeholders;
* Promoting the organization to a wide diversity of audiences, and;
* Responding to inquiries from local, regional and national media.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Undergraduate or graduate degree in environmental studies, life sciences, resource management or related fields;
* Five years experience in managing and leading diverse group of staff and volunteers in a not-for-profit environment, including working with a volunteer Board of Directors;
* A demonstrated commitment to environmental issues supplemented with a good understanding community environmental management;
* Proven experience in financial management, ideally in a not-for profit, social enterprise;
* A successful track record of identifying, developing and cultivating diverse funding sources to achieve the strategic goals;
* Demonstrated capacity to creatively use their skills in solving complex problems;
* Superlative skills in clearing communicating complex information to a wide variety of specialized and lay audiences through all mediums;
* Exceptional communications and media skills;
* Experience in dealing with a wide variety of public and private sector agencies, and;
* A working knowledge of a wide variety of computer-based scientific and management tools.
Compensation and Time requirements
This is a full time, permanent salaried position based at CARP's offices in Annapolis Royal. Salary to be commensurate with experience, likely in the $40,000 to $50,000 range. Frequent travel local and regional travel is required, as well as, occasional national and international travel. The ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends is required.
Interested candidates should forward a resumé with four references by September 7, 2010 to:
Clean Annapolis River Project,
PO Box 395, Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
carp at annapolisriver.ca
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11829
More information about the sust-mar