[Sust-mar] Nature Programs Assistant, f/t (YEIP), Fredericton, NB
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jun 17 14:16:24 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]
Position: Nature Programs Assistant
Type: 6-month full-time paid internship [YEIP eligibility, see below]
Organization: Nature NB http://www.naturenb.ca
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Nature NB's Fredericton office (http://www.naturenb.ca), is seeking a High School graduate for a 6 month intern position of Nature Programs Assistant. The candidate will be involved with:
- Nature education programs (Camps, Young Naturalist Clubs, School outreach)
- Biodiversity Conservation initiative (developing monitoring program, promotion, data analysis)
There is possible continuation of employment if funding and personal initiative permit.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience or interest in nature/biology/environmental sciences
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working with children and/or a background in education
- Excellent public and media communication skills, both written and verbal
- CPR and First Aid Certification and criminal record check required for selected candidate
- Experience in successful program planning and organizing
- Competent with standard office equipment including computers, copiers and fax.
- Background in web development
- Access to own computer is an asset
- Capable, dependable, independent, and flexible
The intern will be expected to work 37.5 hours/week at $12/hour. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
This position is being funded through the YMCA ECO Internship program and successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements (http://www.yeip.ca). Applicants must be:
* High School Graduate with no completed post secondary degree
* Between the ages of 15 and 30
* A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been granted under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Legally entitled to work in your province or territory
Please send letter of interest along with a résumé by e-mail:
nbfn at nb.aibn.com or regular mail to:
924 Prospect Street, 110
Fredericton, NB E3B 2T9
Deadline : June 18th, 2010
While all applications are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11471
More information about the sust-mar