[Sust-mar] The Sandpiper - Call for Submissions

Margaret Hoegg margareth at sierraclub.ca
Tue Feb 8 09:46:45 EST 2011

Call for Submissions!
Sierra Club Canada Atlantic Chapter is currently seeking submission for the
Spring issue of The Sandpiper Quarterly.

Do you know about an environmental controversy in your hometown that isn't
getting the attention it should? Are you passionate about climate change and
how it affects us Atlantic Canadians? Is there an eco-initiative in your
neighbourhood that you’re proud of?

We’re always looking for volunteers to contribute articles and photos or
graphic design and editorial skills to help put the newsletter together. Of
course, the suggestions above are just some of the things we want to hear
about. We want to hear about what interests you. The theme is seasonal, but
otherwise we invite articles of all shapes, size, and colour!

About the Sandpiper
The Sandpiper is a quarterly newsletter that reaches Sierra Club members in
all four Atlantic provinces. It's created by our volunteers and aims to
spread the word about environmental issues, activities, and leaders. Our
focus is Atlantic Canada, but we also try to link national and international
issues to opportunities for local action.

About Sierra Club - Atlantic
The Sierra Club is North America's oldest, largest and most influential
grassroots environmental organization. We are people like you, working on
what is important to you. We are Canadians who care deeply about the health
of our planet and the future of our children. We are dedicated volunteers
working at the national, provincial and local levels on many interrelated
environmental issues. We can do more with a little than most ever do with
much.

Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon our members and donors.
Speaking together, our voice is louder. We welcome everyone to learn more
about and get involved in environmental solutions.

The Atlantic Canada Chapter has over 1,000 members, friends and supporters
in all four Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward
Island, and Newfoundland), and supports communities on issues such as
industrial farming, sustainable forestry, sustainable mining, and
contaminated lands. The chapter is coordinated out of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Check out the latest issues of The Sandpiper to get your creative juices
flowing:http://atlantic.sierraclub.ca/en/publications/sandpiper-winter-2010-2011<http://chapters.sierraclub.ca/atlantic/index_newsletter.htm>
<http://chapters.sierraclub.ca/atlantic/index_newsletter.htm>
If you would like more information about how you can become involved ,
please contact our editor Tyler Durbano (tylerdurbano at gmail.com) or our
Communications Coordinator Margaret Hoegg (margareth at gmail.com)

The next deadline for submissions is February 21st, 2011—so get writing!

--
Margaret Hoegg
Communications Coordinator
Sierra Club Canada - Atlantic Chapter
1657 Barrington St., Suite 533
Halifax, Nova Scotia   CANADA
B3J 2A1
Email: margareth at sierraclub.ca
Tel.: 902-444-3113
Fax: 902-444-3116

Sierra Club Canada is a member-based organization that empowers people to
protect, restore and enjoy a healthy and safe planet. Join the Club!
www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic