[Sust-mar] Call for NS Food Council Participation

Mark Austin m.austin at xplornet.com
Thu Feb 17 19:02:30 EST 2011

Nova Scotia Food Policy Council

Call for Nominations & Participation

(Please Respond by March 4th)

This past fall, the NSFPC circulated a call for nominations and
participation in anticipation of a November Special Meeting.  We received a
very strong response at that time.  However, the founding Board decided to
wait until the Council’s upcoming first Annual General Meeting  on 16 April
2011 to elect a new Board of Directors.  If you previously sent a completed
participation form, please re-affirm your interest with a quick ‘Yes’ e-mail
to m.austin at xplornet.com.

Concerned about food issues?  We invite you to participate in the Nova
Scotia Food Policy Council to develop policies in support of the wonderful
work being done across Nova Scotia to re-shape our food system.

The Nova Scotia Food Policy Council is a citizens’ group working with
communities, organizations, and governments to develop and implement
policies and programs that ensure an equitable, healthy, and sustainable
local food system, responsive to the economic, environmental, social, and
cultural needs of Nova Scotians. (Mission Statement, 2010 NSFPC Memorandum
of Association)

To assure a strong voice, we seek members of all ages with diverse
experience and perspectives from across the Province.  Our Food Policy
Council is preparing for its members to elect a new Board and to staff
committees with volunteers.  There are opportunities to serve in the
following positions:

Ø  Board Members (21 positions of 1, 2, or 3 year terms);

Ø  Executive Officers of the Board (4 positions);

Ø  Committee Members (no fixed number);

Ø  Volunteers for specific tasks, events, and future committees.

To become a member, volunteer, self-nominate, or recommend someone else to
be part of the leadership of the Nova Scotia Food Policy Council, please
return the attached Nominations & Participation Form by 4 March 2011 to Mark
Austin, Nominations Committee Chair, at: m.austin at xplornet.com.