[Sust-mar] Wood Craftsperson, f/t, Windhorse Forest & Farm, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 1 16:13:12 EDT 2011

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Wood Craftsperson

Location: New Germany, Nova Scotia

This is a unique opportunity to be part of 170 years of land stewardship at Windhorse Farm located in New Germany, Nova Scotia. A key component of our stewardship is to demonstrate sustainability through a working farm with diverse and integrated businesses.

The Windhorse Eco-Woodshop is seeking a craftsperson to develop and produce value added wood products that help convey the beauty and care behind the Windhorse Farm model of earth stewardship. This position involves the production of cabinet and furniture lumber, unique wood crafts, furniture, and material for the construction of musical instruments.

This is a full time permanent position for a 3 year term for a creative person with significant experience in woodworking and a keen eye for quality.

Responsibilities include:

• Attention to detail and quality in production

• Safe operation of industrial grade saws, planers, jointers, and moulding machines

• Production of craft wood products for retail

• Production of other value added wood products for custom orders

• Machine maintenance

• Shop care

• Product storage and inventory

• Hosting public tours and shop visits

Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:

• 10 years (min. 4 years) experience in high quality woodworking

• Attention to detail and quality

• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills

• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills

• Knowledge of safe handling of material, tools and equipment

Wage Range: starting at $12.50 up to $15.00 depending on experience.

Eco-Woodshop location: New Germany, Nova Scotia

To Apply:

Please email a resume, including cover letter, detailing your qualifications, experience and interest by email to:

William Martin (willmartin at windhorsefarm.org)

We thank you in advance for your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A presentation of a portfolio of work is required as part of the interview process.

Application Deadline: Open - We will accept applications until a suitable candidate is found.

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com