[Sust-mar] Friday Night at the Movies Begins Friday November 18
levesque.anne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:59:09 EST 2011
FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES
Five Weeks Five Great Documentaries
Inverness Academy and Education Centre
Fridays at 6:30 pm, beginning November 18th.
All presentations are free of charge and open to the public.
Hosted by the Inverness County Chapter of the Council of Canadians and Cinema
1. *Vanishing of the Bees* Nov. 18th at 6:30 pm. Honeybees pollinate crops
that make up one out of every three bites of food on our tables. This
documentary looks into the implications of the worldwide disappearance of
2. *Pax Americana: The Weaponization of Space* November 25th at 6:30 pm. Space
has become the newest arena for countries around the world to launch their
struggle for supremacy. Comparison of the space race to the sea battles of
the 18th and 19th century.
3. *Marx Reloaded* Dec. 2nd at 6:30 pm. Examines the German socialist and
philosopher’s ideas for understanding the global economic and financial
crisis of 2008-09.
4. *End: CIV – Resist or Die* Dec. 9th at 6:30 pm. An examination of our
culture’s addiction to systematic violence and environmental exploitation
and the heroism of those who confront it head-on. Based in part on
“Endgame” the best selling book by Derrick Jensen.
5. *Cultures of Resistance* Dec. 16th at 6:30 pm. Looks at the diverse
resistance tactics deployed by people committed to progressive change, and
explores how art and creativity can be ammunition in the battle for peace
More information about the sust-mar