[Sust-mar] DEC 3 - Protecting our Communities: A Conference about Shale Gas and Fracking

Barbara Harris barbharris48 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:49:46 EST 2011

Protecting our Communities: A conference about Shale Gas and Fracking

This conference will bring together concerned citizens, engaged
activists and experts from across Nova Scotia and beyond to talk about
the impacts of shale gas and fracking in local communities. Don’t miss
this opportunity to take part in engaging workshops and hear from two
exciting keynote speakers!!

Dr. Tony Ingraffea is an engineering professor at Cornell University
with a PhD in Rock Fracture Mechanics. He has published and spoken
widely about the risks of shale gas development. Jessica Ernst is an
affected landowner from Rosebud, Alberta. She will share her story
about how fracking for coal bed methane contaminated well water in her
rural community.

The conference will include workshops designed to offer participants
information, skills and resources to organize against shale gas and
fracking in their communities.

When: Saturday, December 3 from 8:30am – 4:30pm

Where: Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro. Click here for
directions.

Register at www.nofrac.com
Registration fee: Pay what you can (Suggested
donation of $10) Buffet lunch and snacks are included.