[Sust-mar] Waterfowl Volunteers, Shelbourne, Nova Scotia, Sun. Nov. 27

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Oct 26 13:04:37 EDT 2011

[as posted to http://PlanetVolunteer.net ]

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY

Role: Conservation Volunteer - Wild for Waterfowl

Location: Shelbourne, Nova Scotia

Volunteer Event: Wild for Waterfowl

Date: Sunday, November 27, 2011

Closest Town: Shelburne, Nova Scotia

Meeting Time: 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.

Key partner: Bird Studies Canada

Join NCC and Bird Studies Canada for a fun-filled day of birding along one of the nicest coastlines in the Maritimes. We will inventory as many sites as possible within the south shore Important Bird Area. Our focus will be on waterbirds using the coastal inlets and bays of this beautiful and ecologically rich region. Data collected during this event will be reported and used in a number of places relevant to monitoring programs and various management agencies. Birding experience is not required, but useful.

Be sure to dress warmly, and please bring your own spotting scopes and binoculars if possible. Extras will be available for those who do not have their own.

For more information or to RSVP, please visit

http://www.natureconservancy.ca/site/Calendar/134856470?view=Detail&id=100682

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com