[Sust-mar] Moving Planet Bike 'n Hike

jane morrell wildernessbride at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:15:39 EDT 2011

Are you concerned about the impact climate change has on our community and
on our planet?  Want to take part in a local action that shows your concern,
connects with others and is fun at the same time?

Then come to the *Moving Planet Bike 'n Hike *on Sunday September 25.  The
community ride/walk will begin at Hodge Podge Community Garden,  in
Bridgewater at 1 p.m. After a 40 minute outing on the Centennial Trail,
participants will return to the garden, for the "Great Garlic Giveaway."
 The giveaway will share the harvest of last year's 350 event, the planting
of garlic, as a symbol of reducing our reliance on imported food.  Photos of
the event will be sent to local politicians as a demonstration of the need
for positive action.

 The action is part of  350.org (www.350.org)  a global movement aimed at
solving the climate crisis. The weekend of September 24 and 25, thousands of
people in more than 147 countries will put their demands for climate action
into motion—marching, biking, skating—calling for the world to go beyond
fossil fuels.

Those not able to attend the Bridgewater event are encouraged to organize
their own "Moving Planet"activity, however small, in their own community and
send in photos of their event. They will then be posted on the Moving Planet
website.  To send in photos:southshore350 at gmail.com

<southshore350 at gmail.com>

*Moving Planet Bike ‘n Hike and Great Garlic Giveaway: Meet at **1:00pm*

*Hodge** **Podge** **Community** **Garden** (corner of **Aberdeen** and Elm)
*
*For more information, call 527-2928 or 677-2794*

--

Signature