[Sust-mar] PSA - For Immediate Release May 12 Benefit Dance for Elders Healing Journey

Carla Conrod aa037 at chebucto.ca
Sat Apr 21 11:27:09 EDT 2012

PSA – For Immediate Release

 Halifax May 12, 2012 7pm - 11pm Benefit Dance and Auction with Webos
Rancheros,  Zulka Moon and First Nations Drum. Mi’kmaq Friendship
Centre   Tickets:
 $10 Proceeds:  Mi'kmaw Elders Healing Journey. Auction Items generously
donated by Gary Knockwood  (painting)
and Just Us Co-op.  We welcome more donations for the auction!  2158
Gottingen St.  For further info email:  info at redbearhealinghome.ca.  Sponsored
by Red Bear Healing Home Society www.redbearhealinghome.ca,
https://www.facebook.com/RedBearHealingHome see event

-30-

*Contact:*

Carla Conrod

ED/Founder

Red Bear Healing Home Society

(902) 758-2052 or info at redbearhealinghome.ca

Sincerely,

Carla Conrod
Building Your Capacity
www.buildingyourcapacity.com
902 758-2052
902 448-4744 text messages/cell

*To restore harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother, we must learn
that
Mother Earth is not a resource, but the very source of life itself. *- Chef
Orval Looking Horse
*
Our dreams belong to everyone*. - Dave Courchene Jr

*Everything in Nature is our source of life.  If these things are not kept,
we are not living up to our responsibilities that have been given to us by
the Creator.  Nature has rights, humans have responsibilities.  Our
responsibility is to represent those species that cannot speak for
themselves.  Nutukulink  – Everything must be sustaining. You must sustain
yourselves.  You cannot compromise the ecological integrity of the earth or
the ability of future generations to sustain themselves or the ability of
future generations to enjoy the beauty that the Creator has given us.
*-Albert
Marshall, Mi’kmaw Elder, Eskasoni, Nova Scotia, from workshop "Two Eyed
Seeing", Tatamagouche Centre, 2009
more information at about Two Eyed Seeing
http://www.integrativescience.ca/

*So this is what we truly believe. This is what reinforces our
spiritualities: that no being is greater than the next, that we are part
and
parcel, we are equal, and that each one of us has a responsibility to the
balance of the system.*
- Albert Marshall, Mi'kmaq Elder, from an interview in Taking Charge of the
Bras d'Or: Ecological Politics in the 'Land of Fog'