[Sust-mar] PowerShift Canada

Robin Tress halifax.yag at syc-cjs.org
Fri Aug 24 18:55:42 EDT 2012

Hi everyone!

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, the Sierra Youth Coalition and a dozen
partner organizations have come together this year to organize Canada's
second ever PowerShift gathering. The last one happened in 2009 and
received a lot of help and support from environmentally-conscious folks
like you, so we are asking for your support one more time.

PowerShift 2012 is a youth-led conference seeking to bring 1500 young
people together to tackle climate change head on. PowerShift recognizes
that the root causes of the climate crisis are the same causes of social
injustices like poverty, racism, and Indigenous land struggles. Through
skills- and issue-based workshops, networking opportunities, and strategy
sessions, PowerShift 2012 will unite concerned youth around climate justice
while giving them the skills and connections to make change from the ground
up.

There are a wide range of ways in which you can support us;
- *Sharing PowerShift on your social media sites* (
http://www.wearepowershift.ca/about-1) and encouraging youth in your
networks to register (you can also like and share our facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/PowerShiftCanada and follow us on Twitter
@PowerShiftCAN) See below for some sample tweets.
- *Including PowerShift in your next newsletter:* We have prepared blurbs
for newsletters we can provide, along with photos, banners and more,
contact me for more details
- *Place a PowerShift Banner Ad on your website: *Contact me for more
details
- *Donating to PowerShift or Partnering to Fund a Keynote Speaker: *PowerShift
is an almost entirely volunteer driven project and the more support we
have, the more youth we can train, the bigger this movement becomes, and
the more your work is supported across Canada. You can Donate
Here<https://www.gifttool.com/donations/Donate?ID=1453&VER=1&LNG=EN&PID=1846>
or
contact me for more options. *You can also encourage your networks to
donate to PowerShift. *All supporting organizations who wish to be
identified will be recognized on our website.
- *Fund Frontline Youth Participation: *PowerShift has created a Scholarship
Fund <http://www.wearepowershift.ca/scholarship-fund> to help youth from
frontline communities attend PowerShift, you can donate to this fund, or
fully sponsor a participant from a frontline community.
*- Become an Organizing Committee Partner: *Want to be more involved? Join
the Organizing Committee<http://www.wearepowershift.ca/organizing-committee>
and
help make PowerShift happen!
*- Volunteer as a Facilitator: *PowerShift is still in need of skilled
facilitators for a range of issue and skill based workshops, contact us for
more details.

Sample Tweet:
@PowerShiftCAN is bringing 100's of youth together to fight for a safe
#climate future, join in! http://www.wearepowershift.ca/about-1 #cdnpoli

If you can think of any other ways you could support PowerShift Canada
please be in touch!

In solidarity,
--
Robin Tress
Halifax Youth Action Gathering Coordinator

tel. 902-223-8526

www.syc-cjs.org/yag

The Sierra Youth Coalition is a membership based and directed organization.
Support and engage with our work by becoming a member!
www.syc-cjs.org/become-member