[Sust-mar] Educ. & Outreach, f/t, Falls Brook Centre, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Aug 28 11:25:01 EDT 2012

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Education and Outreach Officer
Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick

Application deadline: September 23, 2012
Approximate start date: October 15, 2012

Requirements

Falls Brook Centre has an opening for a highly motivated, self-directed person to work as part of the Education and Outreach team. We are looking for someone who can think outside of the box and has a creative drive to approach education in a holistic way that can meet the needs of different age groups and experience. We are looking for someone who is well versed in current issues of sustainable development, climate change, renewable energy, organic agriculture and environmental education. This person should be a good communicator, both in speech and in writing. Teaching experience and/or training is an asset. S/he is a quick and eager learner, can handle several tasks at once, and can work with others to develop innovative workshops and programs that work in and out of the classroom. From broad direction on a project, s/he can discern priorities, establish tasks to be done, carry them out with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.

Responsibilities

Environmental Education Program
• Outreach to local schools, camps, youth groups and clubs to encourage groups to come out for outdoor nature education and hands-on learning at Falls Brook Centre
• Develop and run environmental education programming for groups that visit the centre.
• Deliver educational programming in classrooms.

Conservation Education
• Bring the Climate Change Bus to events and facilitate workshops
• Facilitate workshops and learning activities to help individuals and organisations reduce their consumption of electricity and water
• Assist with the Bottled Water Campaign

Renewable Energy
• Assist with general maintenance of systems.
• Give tours at Falls Brook Centre
Youth and Community Engagement
• Assist with creating and delivering community workshops, activities and events throughout New Brunswick and the Maritimes,
• Develop promotional and educational materials.

This is a full-time position with a preferred start date of October 15th. Bilingualism (English and French) is preferred and Spanish is an asset. The Education and Outreach Officer must be comfortable working within a multi disciplinary team atmosphere.
Send applications, including a resume and names of three references to Jean Arnold at:
ja at fallsbrookcentre.ca

Application deadline: Sept 22, 2012

Jean Arnold
Executive Director
Falls Brook Centre
125 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville, New Brunswick  E7L 1B1
Tel: (506) 375-8143
Email: ja at fallsbrookcentre.ca

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to sustainable job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com