[Sust-mar] Tactics and Strategy for Grassroots Mobilization

Kaleigh McGregor-Bales halifax.yag at syc-cjs.org
Tue Jan 10 18:14:45 EST 2012

*Tactics and Strategy for Grassroots Mobilization*

*Creative tools to confront economic, social and environmental injustice -
and win. *

*When? **February 20-24 2011*, 10a.m. – 4.p.m. (Over universities' reading
week)

*Where?* Halifax, NS

*Who?* Anyone who wants to become empowered with the skills, strategy,
connections, and confidence to become a more effective grassroots
organizer. *There will** be a variety of workshops tailored for both
experienced and less-experienced activists.*

Participants will learn how to develop strategy and tactics for catalyzing
effective social change.

Workshop topics will include:

Non-Violent Direct Action theory and tactics - legal role play, simple
blockading techniques, etc.,

Anti-Oppression - understanding power and privilege in the movement,
>From Strategy to Action - developing and executing strategic and effective
actions,
Solidarity Work - being an effective ally,
Media and Communication Skills,

Popular Education,
Local Struggles,

Open Space for discussion,

and other organizing skills, all while developing our understanding of
climate justice and how we build a movement to get it.

How much? $30 or pay what you can. Transportation bursaries may be provided.

*Child care can be provided as required.*

Register here.
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEhNanI2NFVjcnd6VzBNNFZHR1lRcUE6MQ>

For more information please contact Matt at (902) 489-0211 or
radicalmobilizationhfx at gmail.com.