[Sust-mar] February Young Naturalists Clubs events

Young Naturalists Club yncns at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 23 19:12:17 EST 2012

Please find a list of FREE February events for Young Naturalists Club Chapters around the Province!

Annapolis Valley YNC:
Saturday  February 25th, 10:30 - 12:00. TheProject WET team is bringing their fun activities to the YNC to get us thinking about
water – its importance and how we need to work together to protect it.
Activities are based on the Project WET Curriculum Guide, an
international program which provides educators with hands-on,
interactive, activities for learning about water in a variety of
settings. They also have groundwater and watershed models, which show
how  water moves above and below the surface of the Earth. (KC Irving Centre).For more information contact Alisa at nguyenalisa1 at gmail.com

Halifax YNC:
Saturday February 21st, 10:30-11:30.Join Paul Health from the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada as he gives a presentation about Astronomy. Paul will talk about what there is to see in this part     of the sky
and  how to find them on your own using eyes and     binoculars (Museum of Natural History)

Sunday Februrary 29th at 1:00 pm. A visit to the Planetarium! The show will talk about the changing night sky; constellations
currently visible. Shows include slides of objects of
astronomical interest - planets, stellar objects, constellationsYou must pre-register for this event. For more information contact Robin at yncns at yahoo.ca

Pictou YNC
Saturday February 4th, 9:00-12:00 - TheProject WET team is bringing their fun activities to the YNC to get us thinking about
water – its importance and how we need to work together to protect it.
Activities are based on the Project WET Curriculum Guide, an
international program which provides educators with hands-on,
interactive, activities for learning about water in a variety of
settings. They also have groundwater and watershed models, which show
how  water moves above and below the surface of the Earth. (NSCC Stellarton). For more information contact Tabitha at tabbycats at ns.sympatico.ca or Bonnie at bugsy.27 at hotmail.com

South Shore YNC:
Saturday February 18th, 6:30-8:00pm -Join us for an evening of star watching!  Jerry Deveau, an amateur astronomer, will be our guide us as we explore the night sky looking for stars, planets and constellations! We will be meeting at the M.A.R.C building in Bridgewater and after stargazing we will have an outdoor fire at the fire pit. For more information contact Pam at 530-5182 or pamjwm at gmail.com.

Wittenburg YNC:
Saturday February 25th, 1:00pm.Today we are going to learn about wilderness survival and maybe snowshoe again!For more information contact Wendy at 639-2808

Robin Musselman
Coordinator
Young Naturalists Club of Nova Scotia
http://nature1st.net/ync

YNC motto "Young Naturalists Observe and Conserve"