[Sust-mar] Job Opening: Executive Director
coord at coalition-sgsl.ca
Fri May 11 11:03:45 EDT 2012
Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on Sustainability
Deadline to apply: June 1, 2012
You are highly motivated self-starter, leader and manager. You excel at
developing fund-raising activities. You enjoy interacting with the public.
You have experience working with volunteers and community groups. Are you
ready for a new challenge? The Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on
Sustainability (Coalition-SGSL) is seeking an experienced, passionate and
dynamic person to fill the role of Executive Director.
The Coalition-SGSL is a not-for-profit, charitable coalition of partners
whose common purpose is to promote the long-term economic, social and
ecological viability of the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence ecosystem, which
runs between Gaspe, Quebec and Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. For more
information on our projects visit our website: www.coalition-sgsl.ca.
The role of the Executive Director is central and essential to the delivery
of this organisations mandate. It requires an action-oriented person who
will, under the guidance of the Management Committee, accomplish a number of
tasks. These consist of working with and engaging various stakeholders;
communicating effectively with the Coalition-SGSL membership, and with
funders, partners and media; ensuring sound financial management;
supervising personnel; overseeing the progress of the Coalition-SGSLs
volunteer groups; organising Steering Committee and Management Committee
activities and meetings; writing reports; initiating, developing and
implementing community-based, capacity-building and research projects;
supervising fundraising activities and writing funding proposals; ensuring
compliance with charitable and not-for-profit regulations.
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
· Fluently bilingual in French and English, written and spoken.
· University degree in a relevant area, or an equivalent combination
of studies and work experience.
· A minimum of three years experience working with community groups
and project management.
· Some research skills and excellent writing skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in public, to be comfortable
with people from various cultural and social backgrounds and to organize
public relations activities.
· Ability to manage the financial and human resources of a team,
including supervising term and contract employees.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to lead a
team of partners.
· Ability to facilitate meetings in-person, teleconferencing and
through internet meeting platforms.
· Demonstrated experience in securing various types of financial
support; i.e. corporate sponsorship, government grants, private foundation
· Proficiency with basic office administrative, accounting, and
electronic skills, ie. Quickbooks, MSOffice, Internet, etc.
· Knowledge of the various environmental, social and economic issues
facing coastal communities in the Southern Gulf of St.Lawrence and how they
· Knowledge of the principles governing not-for profit organisations
relying on volunteers.
· Knowledge of the mandate and role of the Coalition-SGSL.
· Canadian citizenship
· Valid drivers license
· Willing to travel within the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence region.
· Willing to work evenings and week-ends when required.
· Candidates chosen must provide three references, including current
This is a salaried position with full time hours, but work hours are
flexible. The salary range is $35,000-$45,000 with benefits.
The Coalition-SGSLs office is located in Shippagan, NB. It is preferred if
the candidate can work from this office. However we will consider candidates
who entertain the notion of working from a home office or a separate
location within the Coalition-SGSLs territory.
Resumes must be sent no later than June 1, 2012 to the attention of Rémi
Donelle, Coalition-SGSL President, by email to
<mailto:coord at coalition-sgsl.ca> coord at coalition-sgsl.ca, by fax to :
506-336-9006 or by mail to 047b Pavillon Irène Léger, Université de
Moncton-CS, Shippagan, N.B. E8S 1P6.
Please describe and provide examples in your cover letter how you meet the
requirements of the position.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for interviews will be
contacted. The Coalition-SGSL is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage
all who feel qualified to apply, men or women, including First Nations,
handicapped persons, and members of visible minorities.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 4396 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the sust-mar