[Sust-mar] Eco-home & Gardens - Permaculture Homestead for Sale, Prince Edward Island, Canada

EcoProperty Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue May 8 13:01:35 EDT 2012

[as posted to http://EcoProperty.ca ]

HOMESTEAD & GARDENS FOR SALE

Eco-home for sale
CAD $165,000
Tignish, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Here is an opportunity to purchase a permaculture homestead, gardens (Mandala, Herb Spiral, forest garden), pasture and woodlands, 25 acres in total, just over 10 minutes walk to a fantastic beach!  The 2 bed, 2 bath bungalow is incredibly cheap to run and easy on the environment with wood stove and wood cookstove, wood and solar hot water, wood and solar heating, passive solar design.  We use just about 2 cords wood (coppiced from the woodlands) a year.  We're still on-grid using about 4-5 kWh a day (monthly bills around $45).

Get all your fuel from the land!  We grow and preserve most of our own vegetables, herbs and fruit and keep hens, ducks, goats, etc.  There is a renovated old trailer, amazing huge outbuilding, equipment, furnishings and items required for preserving and cheese-making.  We can teach you the skills you need if you wish, and everything is already here and in-place for a sustainable lifestyle in the woods and by the sea.

Many possibilities and very flexible for creating an income from the land.  Currently running a craft business (seaglass and driftwood, one of the bedrooms is used as a craft shop) but also could be farm income and much potential for non-timber forest products including wild lowbush blueberries.  Animals can be included with the property if needed -- eggs, fibre, etc.

See our website and contact us for more information and viewing:  http://www.redsandcottage.net

This message has been posted at EcoProperty Canada, http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

POST A LISTING:
EcoProperty for Sale or Rent: http://EcoProperty.ca
Green Jobs in Canada: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Eco-Volunteering: http://PlanetVolunteer.net
Green/Eco-Events in Canada: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message
is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational
purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "EcoProperty
Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability
of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen
or endorse the individuals or organizations involved. If you
decide to make a purchase, rental, or enter into any other
transaction or arrangement, you do so at your own risk and
it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to
guard against loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

--
EcoProperty Canada
Ecological & Organic Real Estate, Land Trusts, Projects & Proposals

--
GoodWork Canada
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

--
People and Planet Canada
Gateway to Environment and Sustainability Since 1998

.

Listing ID: 17341