[Sust-mar] No sust-mar unless bills get paid - passing the hat take 2

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 21 10:35:47 EDT 2012

Hello Sust-mar,

Sust-mar recently sent out a plea for donations to help cover our operating
costs for another year. Unfortunately, we've been somewhat thinner on
membership contributions than in past years. We sincerely thank all generous
folk who have already contributed. But the reality is we're still nearly
$100 short of covering the $233 owed to Web Networks (sust-mar's web host)
by the end of September.

So there is NO SUST-MAR TODAY because there is necessary fundraising ...
and soon there will be NO SUST-MAR EVERYDAY unless the bills get paid.
To all readers who appreciate sust-mar and intended to contribute a little
owards operating expenses (but didn't quite get around to it), now is the
time.

We know you're busy, so we're making it easier for you. We will now take
E-transfers as well as mailed cheques. So there are now two options for
donating:

1) E-TRANSFER

- log in to your online banking
- send an e-transfer for $5 or $100 or whatever you can afford to
pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
- indicate in your message it is for "sust-mar"
- ALL FUNDS, 100%, go towards paying our webcosts

2) CHEQUE

As before, you can send a cheque payable to "Web Networks" to Peter's
mailing address at:

Sust-mar
CO Peter Watson
22 Aurora Avenue
Halifax, NS, B3P 1H4

Peter will compile the cheques and send them in to Web Networks. Please
remember to make them payable to "Web Networks".

Even small amounts can really help, and no amount is too small. One hundred
dollars can be covered by one big donation, or four people each paying $25,
or ten each contributing $10 ... you get the math. :) Any surplus will go
towards next year's web costs.

Thanks to generous past donations, it has been two years since we have had
to pass the hat.

Sust-mar is entirely volunteer-run, but is not free to operate. Due to
increased
membership in the past year (a good thing!), our annual fee to Web Networks
has increased to $276.85. This is our only expense. Every penny raised goes
there.

Please let Peter know by email ASAP (pwatson at ns dot sympatico dot
ca) if you'd be willing to chip in to support this independent
communications forum.

Thanks in advance!
~Paul and Peter