[Sust-mar] Summer Internship, f/t, The Loaded Ladle, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Apr 1 23:03:08 EDT 2013

[Local Food Jobs http://GoodWork.ca/localfoodjobs ]

SUMMER JOB POSTING

Position: Loaded Ladle Summer Internship
Type: paid, full-time internship
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Requirements:
- Able to be independant and motivated to get things done without much guidance.
- Under 30 years of age.
- Intention to return to school in September.

Some skills that will help:
- Experience working within grass roots, co-operative, or worker run environments.
- Having respect for everyone's diverse abilities and perspectives, and an ability to address or defuse tension between people, or oppresive behaviours.
- Motivation to bring about social and political change on campus and in society

Some of the projects available:
- Looking after community garden plots
- Doing research on new ways of sourcing food for our servings
- Creating a cook book and/or a documented history of the Loaded Ladle
- Lobbying for access to a better kitchen space on campus
- Turning our serving area into a 'rad space' for the summer

How to Apply:
Send your information to loadedladle at gmail.com You may send us your resume, but we also encourage you to provide us with any information about you that you feel is important, in any format that you wish. The Loaded Ladle has a hiring policy which recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions of individuals from diverse communities, backgrounds, and abilities. We encourage applicants to describe in their application the unique contributions and experience that they may bring to the Loaded Ladle. If you have ideas for other projects you would like to do as an intern, please include a proposal.

Deadlines to apply: April 29th
Position Begins: June 2013 (dependant on recieving government grant)
-- both full time and part time work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Local Food Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca/localfoodjobs

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.