[Sust-mar] Student Outreach & Initiatives Officer, Dalhousie Student Union, Halifax, NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jul 31 20:42:29 EDT 2013

[Environmental jobs - http://GoodWork.ca/jobs ]

JOB POSTING

Position: Student Outreach and Initiatives Officer
Type: honorarium position, flexible hours, starting mid-August 2013 (start date is flexible) and ending no later than April 30, 2014
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

QUALIFICATIONS:
• Self-directed, ability to work independently, & collaboratively with university partners
• Experience in organizing volunteers, workshops and other events is preferable
• Excellent teamwork, ability to work cooperatively with others, and contribute ideas
• Environmental Studies/Sustainability background is preferable
• Involvement and knowledge of the Dalhousie Student Union an asset
• Must be a Dalhousie student during the 2013/2014 school year

• Expected to work ~10hrs/week
• Work with DSUSO staff and university partners to develop student outreach
• Conduct public awareness campaigns concerning sustainability issues
• Responsible for the promotion of DSUSO to students through available means of advertising
• Create and coordinate, in conjunction with other students, all events and relevant happenings (e.g. Green week)
• Meet weekly with the DSUSO Executive Officer to assess progress

This is an honorarium position with flexible hours, starting in mid-August 2013 (start date is flexible) and ending no later than April 30, 2014.

TO APPLY:

Please send a cover letter and resume to:
DSUSO at dal.ca

Visit http://www.dalstudentjobs.ca for more information

Applications due by Friday August 9th, 2013 at 4:00pm.

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.