[Sust-mar] Fundraising/Membership Dev't Director, f/t, Conservation Council of New Brunswick, Fredericton

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Oct 1 16:50:27 EDT 2013

[Environment & conservation jobs - http://GoodWork.ca/jobs ]

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Position: Fundraising/Membership Development Director
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick

Join the province's most trusted environmental organization and be a force for change.

Do you have a strong interest in the natural world and protecting our environment? Do you have a proven track record raising funds for environmental or similar organizations? Are you known for your highly developed social media and networking skills? Do you pride yourself on your creative and innovative fundraising and membership development skills? If so, this position will be of interest to you.

ABOUT US

The Conservation Council of New Brunswick has been at the forefront of environmental action in New Brunswick since 1969. We are a membership based citizens' action group that creates awareness of environmental problems and advocates solutions through research, education and interventions. Our programs include freshwater protection, forest conservation, marine conservation, and climate and energy. In 1990 the Conservation Council was appointed to the United Nations Environmental Programme's Roll of Honour.You can learn more about us at http://www.conservationcouncil.ca

THE OPPORTUNITY

In this role, you will make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the Conservation Council. You will use your exceptional fundraising skills to raise sufficient funds to cover the Conservation Council's operating costs on a long-term, sustainable basis. You will also consistently increase the membership of the Conservation Council, keeping members actively engaged with the organization.

Key areas of responsibility include:
• Preparing comprehensive annual strategic fundraising plans.
• Devising innovative and effective fundraising initiatives and campaigns that meet annual fundraising targets.
• Effectively organizing and coordinating all Conservation Council fundraising events.
• Consistently increasing the number of monthly donors.
• Recruiting, training and developing an effective volunteer fundraising team.
• Identifying new/prospective funders and philanthropic foundations.
• Effectively using social media to increase the Conservation Council's visibility and reach.
• Designing and implementing effective membership recruitment campaigns.
• Regularly communicating with the membership using social media wherever possible.

THE REQUIREMENTS

You have an undergraduate degree in the social sciences, business, communications or public relations and a proven track record of designing and implementing creative and innovative fundraising initiatives that generate results, preferably for environmental or similar organizations. You have several years of experience consistently meeting targets in excess of $100K. In addition, you are recognized for your highly developed social media, communication and networking skills. Ideally you are fluent in English and French.

THE LOCATION

The position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. Fredericton is one of the most vibrant small cities in North America. It is a beautiful, historic city with two universities, many cultural activities (including an excellent jazz festival), lots of night life, plenty of recreational facilities and activities (including a rowing and sailing club), beautiful parks and an extensive network of walking trails. Fredericton has been named one of the top ten cities to live in Canada as well as being named one of the Cultural Capitals of Canada. It also has a vibrant and rapidly expanding knowledge industry sector and has been named one of the Top Seven Intelligent Communities in the world. Our offices are located downtown in Conserver House close to the riverfront walking trails and the Farmer's Market.

TO APPLY

Please e-mail your resume in confidence to info at conservationcouncil.ca.
We will treat any resume or enquiry received with the utmost confidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Environment and conservation jobs
http://GoodWork.ca/jobs

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.