[Sust-mar] Coastal and Water Educator, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Sep 4 09:53:20 EDT 2013

[Environmental jobs - http://GoodWork.ca/jobs ]

JOB POSTING / CONTRACT

Position: Coastal and Water Educator
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Coastal and Water Committee (CWIC) of the Ecology Action Centre is seeking a Coastal and Water Educator for a 26 hour/week, six month contract. The Educator's responsibilities will include developing and delivering presentations and materials around coastal erosion, living shorelines, groundwater, and stormwater management, as well as general communications work. The position will report to the Coastal, Water and Geoscience coordinators.

Project Specific Responsibilities
• Assist in the development, organization, and delivery, of stormwater and coastal erosion presentations, as well as follow up communications as appropriate.
• Prepare educational materials including a rain garden tank or demonstration device suitable for outreach displays.
• Attend public outreach and education events and engage in outreach activities around Porter's Lake and the Northumberland Strait area.
• Finalize and document restoration and monitoring plans for existing living shoreline demonstration sites.

General Responsibilities
• Assist in overall communications and education activities and other work of the Coastal and Water Issues Committee as required.
• Participate in, and support the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre.
• Other tasks, as required.

Skills and Experience

Required
• Strong interest in, and knowledge of, living shorelines, groundwater, and stormwater management in Nova Scotia
• Excellent time management skills: ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively manage multiple tasks and prioritize
• Excellent communication skills: working with the public, speaking, writing, developing and delivering presentations to various audiences
• Available some evenings and weekends and willing to travel within NS

Desirable
• Hands-on fieldwork or restoration experience
• Experience working with NGOs and community organizations
• Skills in developing outreach and education materials and presentations
• Persistent, diplomatic, creative, optimistic, with a team-oriented approach

Start/End Dates: September 30, 2013 to March 30, 2014

Wage and Benefits: $19/hour; 26 hours/week

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia in EAC's wonderful green office

Application: Cover letter, resume and two references. Please submit your application in the form of a pdf document with required elements in the following order: cover letter, resume, references. Subject line: Coastal and Water Educator Position.

Deadline: September 14th, 2013

Attention: Jennifer West, Geoscience Coordinator, groundwater at ecologyaction.ca
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

Interviews will take place the week of September 16, 2013.

The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with disabilities. Diversity is a stated value of EAC, and is a strength that we seek to cultivate within our community. It is the responsibility of every employee of EAC to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity.

Please indicate that you saw this posting at http://GoodWork.ca

Green Jobs, Environmental Jobs
http://GoodWork.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green, environmental job site. Since 2001 we've been connecting motivated, green-minded Canadians to environmental job opportunities. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find qualified candidates in any green/environmental field.

Facebook http://facebook.com/goodworkcanada
Twitter http://twitter.com/CanadaGreenJobs
Subscribe http://GoodWork.ca

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.