[Sust-mar] Summer job, EOS Eco-Energy, Sackville, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Apr 17 15:43:08 EDT 2014

* Jobs in environment, conservation & nature: http://GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOB POSTING

Position: Student Project Assistant
Type: summer job / summer student position
Website: http://www.eosecoenergy.com
Location: Sackville, NB / Tantramar region, New Brunswick

EOS Eco-Energy is looking for a Student Project Assistant for Summer 2014

EOS Eco-Energy is dedicated to energy sustainability in the Tantramar region and pursues that goal by promoting energy conservation, renewable energy technologies, and sustainable community planning, including climate change adaptation.

We are looking for a dynamic post-secondary student who will assist with a number of exciting projects linked to climate change education and adaptation, electric vehicles and energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable community development. The position is in our Sackville, NB office.

Duties:
• Project coordination assistance
• Communication with the public about energy, climate change and adaptation issues through verbal interactions, short articles and social media (media campaigns)
• Raising awareness in creative ways around energy use and climate change
• Assist with meetings, workshops and information booths
• Prepare regular reports of project activities, update databases
• Assist with administrative tasks (newsletter articles, maintaining files, etc)

Experience required:
• Interest/experience in environmental issues (ie, energy sustainability and climate change)
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Experience in coordinating projects
• Must be enrolled in post-secondary education, preferably environmental studies, environmental science, community planning or a related field
• Volunteer experience is an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Contract:

Early May to end of August 2014.

Application procedures and deadline:

Please forward your cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
eos at nb.aibn.com by Friday, April 25th, 2014.

If you have questions please contact Amanda Marlin at (506) 536-4487 or eos at nb.aibn.com .

For more information go to http://www.eosecoenergy.com .