[Sust-mar] Mktg. & Events Intern, work-stay, Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Aug 28 13:43:28 EDT 2014

* Work in environment, nature, green business: http://GoodWork.ca *

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

Position: Marketing and Events Planning Intern
Type: work-trade position with room & board, more (see below)
Dates: January 15 - March 15, 2015
Website: http://www.cabotshores.com
Location: Indian Brook, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Cabot Shores Wilderness resort and Retreat Center is looking for a Marketing and Events Planning Intern for January 15-March 15, 2015.

We are a small resort and retreat center located on the Atlantic coast of Cape Breton Island. Though we are open year-round, Winter traditionally is a slower time, guest-wise, and we have time to devote to marketing, updating our website, planning and conducting special events (usually weekends with guest chefs and live music & music making, snow shoeing, meditation etc) and some retreats.

Events Planning & Marketing Internship

Cabot Shores Wilderness Resort & Retreats is looking for 1-2 enthusiastic and capable interns to join our small team during the term of January 15, 2015 - March 15, 2015. Cabot Shores is a year-round resort and retreat center located on the Atlantic coast of Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia. While winter is traditionally low traffic for guests, we are busy preparing for the upcoming Spring, Summer and Fall seasons through marketing, promotions, and event/retreat planning.

While experience is an asset, a willingness to learn and an open mind are more important. The right candidate would need to be willing to live in a remote area, enjoy winter and outddor winter activities, at times work hard and live with others.

Duties of the Event Planning/Coordination & Marketing Intern include:
• Works collaboratively with Operations Manager to develop seasonal marketing strategy
• General marketing and communications
• Website development and maintenance
• Special event planning and coordination
• Prepare messaging and promotional content for social media In addition, you would be involved in activities of community living, including help prepare meals for staff who live on-site, keep the place tidy and clean, shovel snow, keep fires going etc

If this sounds interesting to you - let's talk! Email:
cabotshores at gmail.com

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=27151

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca