[Sust-mar] Bilingual Executive Director, Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on Sustainability, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Feb 26 14:10:53 EST 2014

[Emplois en environnement - www.GoodWork.ca ]

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Position: Executive Director
Website: http://coalition-sgsl.ca
Location: Shippagan, Peninsule Acadienne, New Brunswick (or home office or other location within Coalition-SGSL's territory: map).

Deadline to apply: March 10, 2014

The Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on Sustainability is seeking a highly motivated self-starter and leader to become their new Executive Director. We are looking for an experienced, passionate and dynamic person to fill the role of Executive Director.

The ideal candidate excels at developing collaborations amongst different stakeholders such as Federal and provincial departments, First Nations, academia, industry and environmental non-government organization (ENGOs). If you enjoy interacting with the public and have experience working with volunteers and community groups you might be the person we are looking for.

The Coalition-SGSL is a not-for-profit, charitable coalition of partners whose common purpose is to promote the long-term economic, social and ecological viability of the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence ecosystem. See map at http://www.coalition-sgsl.ca

The role of the Executive Director is central and essential to the delivery of the organization’s mandate. It requires an action-oriented person who will, under the guidance of the Management Committee, accomplish a number of tasks: working with and engaging various stakeholders; communicating effectively with the Coalition-SGSL membership, and with funders, partners and media; ensuring sound financial management; supervising personnel; overseeing the progress of the Coalition-SGSL’s volunteer groups; organising Steering Committee and Management Committee activities and meetings; writing reports; initiating, developing and implementing community-based, capacity-building and research projects; supervising fundraising activities and writing funding proposals; ensuring compliance with charitable and not-for-profit regulations.

Candidates should describe and provide examples in their cover letter as to how they meet the following requirements:

Requirements
• Fluent in one official language (written and spoken)
• University degree in a relevant area (ie. biology, environment, etc) or an equivalent combination of studies and work experience.
• Experience working with community groups and to be comfortable with people from various cultural and social backgrounds;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to organize public relations activities;
• Ability to manage the financial and human resources of a team, including supervising term and contract employees.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to lead a team of partners.
• Ability to facilitate meetings in-person, and via teleconferencing and internet meeting platforms.
• Proficiency with basic office administration, accounting, and other relevant software (ie. Quickbooks, MSOffice, Internet, etc.)

Assets
• Fluently bilingual in French and English, written and spoken
• Some research skills
• Experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders
• Experience in securing various types of financial support; i.e. corporate sponsorship, government grants, private foundation funding

Knowledge
• Knowledge of the various environmental, social and economic issues facing coastal communities in the Southern Gulf of St.Lawrence and how they are inter-dependent.
• Knowledge of the principles governing not-for profit volunteer led organizations
• Knowledge of the mandate and role of the Coalition-SGSL.

Other pre-requisites:
• Valid driver’s license
• Willing to travel within the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence region.
• Willing to work evenings and weekends when required.
• References upon request

This is a salaried position with full time hours, but work hours are flexible and part time can be considered for the right candidate. The salary range is $35 000+ per year with benefits.

The Coalition-SGSL’s office is located in Shippagan, NB. However, we will consider a candidate working from a home office or a separate location within the Coalition-SGSL’s territory.

Resumes must be sent no later than March 10, 2014 to:

Rémi Donelle, Coalition-SGSL President,

By email : admin at coalition-sgsl.ca

By fax to : 506-336-9006

or By mail :

047B Pavillon Irène Léger,
Université de Moncton-Campus de Shippagan,
218 boul. J.D.Gauthier
Shippagan, N.B. E8S 1P6

We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Coalition-SGSL is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage all who feel qualified to apply, men or women, including First Nations, handicapped persons, and members of visible minorities.