[Sust-mar] Invitation to Local Prosperity: New Economics for Rural Canada Conference

David Wimberly davidwimberly at eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 22 19:19:16 EST 2014

*_Invitation to Local Prosperity: New Economics for Rural Canada
Conference_*

I want to extend a special invitation to Sust-Mar readers to attend the
*Local Prosperity Conference*, scheduled for April 9-12, 2015, in
Cornwallis and Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia.

Our intent in creating this conference is to provide tools, knowledge,
and confidence beneficial, perhaps essential, to building sustainable
society in our world.  We feel this will have a deep connection with
issues and people that also hold that aspiration.  Please take a look at
our information below, at our website at www.localprosperity.ca
<http://www.localprosperity.ca> , and in the flyer below.  We invite you
to share the invitation to this conference and please distribute our
materials to those you feel would benefit.

*Local Prosperity*is designed to focus on a new economic model for small
and rural communities, and is intended to provide a toolbox of
actionable best-in-class local economic tools that can be implemented by
citizens and stakeholders in these communities.You will see that we are
attempting to touch into major sectors of the economy with breakout
sessions featuring new ideas and examples from our region and other
parts of the world.Our event opener on Thursday, April 9^th , the
*Up!Skilling Festival*, demonstrates how community resilience begins by
knowing, teaching, and learning 'how-to' skills, trades, and crafts.

This conference is already receiving enormous interest from the entire
Atlantic Canada region, as well as other parts of Canada and the
USA.Yet, in the spirit of providing smaller and more intimate
conversations, we have made the decision to limit the number of
delegates to 300.

We are extending a special invitation to register to you -- and to those
who have the interest in rural economics to attend or be on your contact
list.You have a window of several weeks to guarantee your ability to
attend by registering early.

To register, please visit this website page:
http://www.localprosperity.ca/lp-event-registration/

If you have questions about the event prior to registering, you can
contact:info at localprosperity.ca <mailto:info at localprosperity.ca>

We look forward to seeing you at *Local Prosperity*.

Warm regards;
*
David Wimberly*
Conference core organizing group
Centre for Local Prosperity
davidwimberly at eastlink.ca

(Write me if you want a properly formatted version of the flier below
that you can distribute further in a one page version.)

*
*

*An Atlantic Regional Conference*

April 9-12, 2015

Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia**

www.localprosperity.ca <http://www.localprosperity.ca>

**

*Teaching Practical Economic Tools For Local Communities*

This conference will focus on how individuals, businesses, and
communities in rural communities can design and then implement a
practical blueprint for a prosperous future and a healthy
economy.***/Local Prosperity/*will feature the best of the best --
examples of a new economic model in action at the local level, in
Atlantic Canada, other regions of Canada, and the world.  This
conference will teach a wide range of immediately-actionable tools for
community builders. */Local Prosperity/* is intended for those who can
begin the work to inspire others in the implementation of these projects
and tools. **

Over 35 keynote speakers, moderators and panelists will share their
experience and knowledge in a wide range of local community
initiatives.Conference working breakout sessions will highlight
innovative approaches to the following sectors:

·*/Localizing Community Investment/*///with investment pools,
crowdfunding, co-ops and microlending///

·*/Local Complementary Currencies/*///such as circulating notes, mutual
credit, time banks and more/

·*/Shared Community Resources/*///including social transportation
systems, tool libraries and street banks///

·*/Steady Statesmanship: Governance in the New Economy/*///with new
model policy and program ideas///

·*/Small Farms and Food-sheds as Economic Drivers /*/with distribution
hubs and increasing local demand/*//*

·*/Value-added Fisheries as a Resource of the Commons/*///with community
supported fisheries and quota///

·*/Rebuilding the Value Chain from our Forests/*///including value-added
management and products ///

·*/Arts & Culture Economy/*///using heritage and place-making as a
cornerstone to draw people in///

The Conference opens with an *Up!Skilling Festival and Expo* on
Thursday, April 9th, with classes teaching valuable once-common skills,
crafts, and trades important to becoming a resilient 'Do-It-Yourselfer.'

Conferencelocation: */Annapolis Royal Regional Academy/* and the
*/Annapolis Basin Conference Centre/*.

*/Early registration is encouraged -- please email
/**/info at localprosperity.ca/**//*

For more information, contact:www.localprosperity.ca

Gregory Heming 902-955-1267gregoryaheming at gmail.com

Robert Cervelli902-222-4391robert.cervelli at gmail.com

**

*Centre for Local Prosperity, *Port Royal, Nova Scotia, Canada**

www.centreforlocalprosperity.ca**