[Sust-mar] submission

Phil Ferraro adapt at pei.aibn.com
Sun Apr 12 09:15:36 EDT 2015

Be part of the first StartUp Weekend PEI Food & Farm edition!!
The PEI ADAPT Council is pleased to announce that we are planning our
first StartUp Weekend event in Charlottetown at the P.E.I Farm Centre on
May 1 - 3.
“Startup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and
entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals,
teams and communities. Come share ideas, form teams, and launch
startups” (http://startupweekend.org/)
This is an event open to anyone with a business idea and those wanting
to see growth in our community. Farm and Food is the bread and butter of
the island and collaboration through StartUp Weekend is a chance to
breed new opportunity in this sector. Over 54 hours, people of all
backgrounds come together, form teams, design and develop products,
business ideas and receive feedback from entrepreneurial leaders in our
community.

For years people have been told that to be successful you need to be
competitive. Start-up Weekends demonstrate that the truly successful
entrepreneurs are those who learn to collaborate.

Whether you are someone who has an idea or an established business, the
weekend will help you assess your idea, develop a plan, find partners,
work with mentors and discover potential customers. Overall, it is an
inspiring, educational and fun time..... a great way to help you ‘Start-Up’!

See: http://www.up.co/communities/canada/pei/startup-weekend/5679
or
See Facebook Events: https://www.facebook.com/events/425189450995371/

--

Phil Ferraro, CEO, Prince Edward Island ADAPT Council
c/o The Farm Centre, 420 University Avenue, Room 103

The Mission of the PEI ADAPT Council is to help agri-entrepreneurs grow.
Our vision is a thriving agricultural industry that is sustainable and diverse.