[Sust-mar] Event Coord., summer job, Community Forests Intntl., Sackville, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Apr 15 12:02:02 EDT 2015

* Work in environment, conservation & nature: http://GoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOB POSTING

Position: Event Coordinator
Type: summer job / summer student position
Website: http://www.forestsinternational.org
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick

Community Forests International is pleased to announce two summer jobs for full time students. If you are interested in being part of a hard working team dedicated to creating a better future by promoting sustainable land use, please apply!

Imagine if the solution to climate change came from those that need it the most. CFI believes that a network of individuals and communities have the skills, work ethic, compassion and inspiration necessary to innovate solutions for a better tomorrow. We want to learn how to live in balance with natural systems, work with mentors and professionals, and share and innovate with the public. We want to show that working on the land can restore nature and help to build a truly sustainable economy. We do this by demonstrating new ideas, hosting workshops, and building relationships that can help us achieve our goals.

Event Coordinator

Whaelghinbran Farm, located in South Branch, N.B, is Community Forests International's (CFI) 580-acre farm and forest that creates space for innovation, learning and rural skill development with the public. The beginning of a Rural Innovation Campus at Whaelghinbran Farm will help pilot, demonstrate and share new ways of working on the land and building the economy.

CFI is looking for a hard working motivated student to help implement projects at the Rural Innovation Campus at Whaelghinbran. In the spring of 2015, projects will be underway for agricultural demonstration, forestry restoration, and Acadian Forest walking trail that will be combined with public engagement events, education opportunities, and volunteer placements.

Qualifications:
• Must be a full-time student returning to school full-time in the fall
• Experience coordinating events and activities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Experience with video, print and web-based media
• Experience with environmental work and/or outdoor work
• Background in Science or Environmental studies is an asset

Responsibilities:
• Organize public events including event registration and planning
• Assist in project implementation at Whaelghinbran Farm including the Restoration Orchard and Acadian Forest Restoration Trail
• Write blog posts, press releases and social media updates
• General office work and administration

The successful candidate will have good written and oral communication skills, be self directed, have some experience event planning, and be comfortable organizing and registering people for public events.

Details:
• Start Date: June 1st 2015
• End Date: July 24th 2015
• Duration: 8 weeks
• Compensation: $12/hr and 35 hours/week
• Application Deadline: April 24 2015

To Apply:

Please send your resume and cover letter to:
jobs at forestsinternational.org

CFI encourages everyone to apply including those from traditionally underrepresented groups including women and members of visible minority.

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=29604

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca