[Sust-mar] McNabs Island summer student jobs

Cathy McCarthy cathymc at accesscable.net
Tue Apr 28 22:31:16 EDT 2015

Please post on sust-mar. Thanks!

Friends of McNabs Island

Summer Students Job Description 2015

McNabs Island Summer Interpreters

The Friends of McNabs Island Society is hiring TWO
university summer students again this year (35 hrs/week for 12 weeks) to start
work JUNE 1. The pay range is $12-14/hr depending on experience. The students
must be under 30 and returning to school full-time in the fall.

The job duties are varied and would be suitable for
students from several disciplines including environmental science, biology,
horticulture, business, tourism, public relations, planning, recreation,
education, graphic arts, history or archaeology. Both students must
be excellent written and oral communicators, work well with children, and
able to work independently as a team. Both students must be physically fit and
love being outdoors, even in the rain and cold. They must be willing to work
weekends on McNabs Island. Some of the job duties include:

 	providing guided tours for McNabs Island visitors including youth groups,
 	organizing island events including our 25th Anniversary Picnic on July 18
 	doing island maintenance work such as garbage/recyclable cleanup, trail and garden maintenance,
 	maintaining the composting toilet on the island,
 	promoting McNabs Island as an outdoor classroom and nature park,
 	marketing our Discover McNabs Island book and brochures/maps,
 	updating our McNabs Island Kit for Schools, brochures, display, and social media.

Job
posted until May 4 or until filled. Please send resume, cover letter and
references in ONE “WORD doc.” format and
include your name in the file name i.e. jackorjilljones.doc and email to
info at mcnabsisland.ca.

Helping
the Friends of McNabs Island is a unique summer student experience.

Cathy McCarthy

Friends of McNabs Island

info at mcnabsisland.ca