[Sust-mar] INVITATION TO MOW: 12TH ANNUAL MARITIME HANDMOWING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Anne dvlbusiness at eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 18 12:04:42 EDT 2015

Good morning handmowers.

It’s time for the 12th Annual Maritime Handmowing Championships:
Saturday, August 29, rain or shine (but it always shines!).

We hope we will see you and friends that day at the Ross Farm Museum in
New Ross with scythes (blades detached and covered) and ready to take
part in one or more contests.

Novice and “Well Honed Blades” (70 and older) events take place at 11
am. Open competition at 1 pm.

Also of course, Hay Forking contest for all ages, the fun “Chair Mowing”
contest, plus demonstrations of many practical hay and grain harvesting
skills like stacking hay and flailing grain. Prizes for all in the Open
championship competition.

No charge for those arriving with scythes and ready to join the fun.

Please plan to take part, and please spread the word.

Thanks to all, Dirk

PS: If you are planning to take part it will help with planning if you
let us know by email or phone, 902-354-5411, dvlmagazines at gmail.com.