[Sust-mar] Active Living Committee Members, vol., Lunenburg/Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Feb 4 15:44:18 EST 2015

* Eco-volunteer positions - http://GoodWork.ca/vol *

VOLUNTEER POSITION

Position: Volunteer Committee Member - Active Living
Website: http://www.modl.ca
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

Now is an exciting time to become a volunteer member of the Active Living Committee, an ad-hoc group of the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg.

As a support to the Municipality's Active Living Coordinator, you will join other community members, health professionals, eductors, and provincial government partners to implement and evaluate our new Active Living Strategy.

The District of Lunenburg is a member Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness’ Municipal Physical Activity Leadership program. As a member of the Active Living Committee, you will represent the community at large, and will advocate for the needs and challenges associated with promoting physical activity in the District of Lunenburg. You will advise the Active Living Coordinator on priorities for implementing a strategy that focuses on physical activity, active transportation, policy, and programming in the District of Lunenburg. You will be a member of a diverse and hard-working team, with voices from provincial government, health, youth, and seniors. This position promises to be a rewarding volunteer experience.

The Active Living Committee is looking for residents of the District of Lunenburg who have a keen interest in physical activity, a desire to increase activity levels and leadership capabilities in their communities, and can make the time and effort required to carry out Committee responsibilities.

Our current work in evaluation and implementation involves strategic planning on action items, advising the Active Living Coordinator, and reviewing communication documents. Your creativity and attitude are an essential part of our team!

We meet monthly for daytime meetings in the Bridgewater area.

How to apply: contact Tracy Vandermolen, Active Living Coordinator, at 902-298-0820 or:
tvandermolen at modl.ca

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=28579

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca