[Sust-mar] Free Handmowing Weekend July 4 and 5

HLC - Anne Gray HLC at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 19 13:54:31 EDT 2015

*Make Hay with a Scythe**: Free Handmowing Weekend ***

Join Maritime champion hand mowers Peter and Hélene Redden for a weekend
sponsored by /Rural Delivery/ magazine learning and perfecting how to
mow grass with a scythe.

Whether it’s to make hay for small livestock or to clean up your lawn,
yard, field, or ditch, imagine being able to hear what’s going on around
you (and smell the flowers and fresh air instead of gas fumes) as you mow.

Come to the Harrison Lewis Centre in Sandy Bay, N.S., next door to
Thomas Raddall Provincial Park, the weekend of July 4 and 5 to learn and
share knowledge using and maintaining scythes, as well as other
implements for harvesting hay and grain.

Bring your own scythe if you have one. We have at least two school
scythes.
With the generous support of /Rural Delivery/ we are able to
offer free instruction, and accommodation (meals, a bunk, or tent site)
for $60 and some help preparing and cleaning up after meals. Musicians
bring your voices and instruments for evenings around the campfire.

Email HLC at eastlink.ca <mailto:HLC at eastlink.ca>to book your place or for
more information.

**

--