[Sust-mar] Communications Director, f/t, Pembina Institute, location flexible

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Sep 4 09:32:56 EDT 2015

* Work in environment & sustainability: GoodWork.ca *

JOB POSTING

Position: Communications Director (location flexible) http://GoodWork.ca/952613
Location: flexible / Canada

Position Overview

The Pembina Institute is seeking an experienced, hands-on and values-driven communications professional to help us achieve our mandate of leading Canada’s transition to clean energy. As director, the successful candidate will be responsible for shaping and executing Pembina’s organizational communications strategy, maintaining and growing Pembina’s brand, mentoring and providing direction to communications team members, overseeing quality assurance processes, and leading on issues management.

This role is essential to ensuring the quality and consistency of Pembina’s communications across our regions and priorities. The Communications Director reports to the executive director, and is part of the organization’s senior leadership team (the management and strategy committee).

If you are looking for work that is inspiring, intellectually challenging, and involves working with smart, strategic and motivated people, then we would love to meet you.

Roles and Responsibilities

No day is the same as the next working in communications at the Pembina Institute. This role is best suited for a communications professional who is accustomed to a fast-paced work environment, adept at juggling multiple competing priorities at once, and who is a strategic thinker. Succeeding in this role requires assertiveness, creativity, openness to challenging ideas and being challenged in return, flexibility, a strong work ethic, excellent time and project management skills, rigorous attention to detail, and resourcefulness. As a non-profit, we must be efficient and strategic in our use of resources without cutting corners — defensible, trustworthy and evidence-based policy analysis is the bedrock of our communications and our reputation. As director, your job would be to uphold that standard in Pembina’s communications work, both within the organization and externally.

For a more detailed overview of the responsibilities associated with this role, please see the complete job description.

To Apply

For a complete job description, view http://GoodWork.ca/952613

Email your cover letter and resume to careers at pembina.org. Please ensure the following:
• Subject line includes “Communications Director” and your last name
• Cover letter (max. two pages, single spaced) explains why you are interested in working with the Pembina Institute and how your skills and qualifications meet the criteria outlined for this position
• Resume outlines your relevant skills, education and experience
• Cover letter and resume are saved as one PDF document using the naming convention lastnamefirstletter-application-position-year.pdf
• example: smithm-application- Communications-Director-2015.pdf)

Application deadline: Midnight (Pacific Time) on Sunday, September 13, 2015.

The Pembina Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

Please share: http://GoodWork.ca/job=31625

--
GoodWork Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature, sustainability, local food...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca